Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Just a thought quack

Have you considered making your skins FE2 "ready"?

This is not for me personally, I can do it in about 1 min or less. But FE2 will take over down the track with a new EP, and you are so prolific. People that move to FE2 or buy the game in the future will need to set up decals for every plane - believe me it is a pain to do individually, I'm reducing my skins already because of this, I've got hundreds! Not everyone likes modding, at least not all the the time.

To make them FE2 compatable would be simple and quick. Include the "D" folder and the Decals.ini file in a new subdirectory-> Decals/(plane name)/(skin name) in your download ...

Eg, Decals/N24bis/Camo with "D" folder and Decals.ini in the Camo folder.

Just a thought ...

Ahh, thanks. Similar. From my reading it seems you don't need to place the decals.ini file in the new spot? Just the "D" folder or whatever the decal folder is called?

I think generally the path defined in the .ini for nearly all skins done in FE in the past couple of years is pretty standard and conforms to this. Some of the earlier pathnames were different and needed to be changed with the Expansion Pack.

Edited by peter01

To be honest here, I dont use FE2 at all yet. So I dont understand how and where folders are set up or what the need to be named. I kind of understand what you're asking and it makes perfect sense. I'll see what I can do.