Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

Search function not retuerning hits.

I can not seem to get a hit on any items I enter into the search box. I noticed this when I went looking for information on fixing some issues I was having with add-on SF2 aircraft. No mater what I type in I get "No results found for" whatever the search term was. I tested this after I posted a topic requesting help on getting my F-106's weapons to work properly. I entered the topic title into the search box for the forum and got "No results found for 'F-106 loadout not recognised or imported?'." even though my topic is right there on the forum for all to see. I followed the instructions in the FAQ and I have tried searching with both Firefox and Internet Explorer and get the same result. It would really be a help if I could search for answer rather than having to posting every time I have a question with something that may already have been answered in another thread. Any help would be appreciated.

The search function does not like "F-106". Its always been a bug. But for some reason it doesn't like the "-" in the F-106. So you don't get any return in hits.

The search function does not like "F-106". Its always been a bug. But for some reason it doesn't like the "-" in the F-106. So you don't get any return in hits.

OK good to know. However it does not return anything else I type in ether. Delta Dart, radar guided missiles, drop tanks, strike fighters, I even tested your member name "usafmtl" . They all return "No results found for" the search term.

Ah ok well then. That is a problem. I will talk to Erik about it.

I rebuilt the sphinx search engine. Can you tell me if it's working now?

Thanks.

Just got back on and tested it. The search engine is now working. Thanks!

There's a problem with our current build of the board software. Invision is aware it and the next release will fix it. The next release should be out shortly. Until then I've moved the search option back to a traditional search which won't give the best returns but will give some.

Erik

I too am unable to get any search results when I try and search a forum, even with a simple word such as effects I get nothing. However if I search downloads it works fine.

Erik is still working on the sire upgrades. Give him some time to work out the bugs.

Please test and report. Thank you.

Fixed