Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Pfalz D.III lowered guns and painted on muzzle ports

Thanks to christian59 for changing the guns on the Pfalz D.III. Ofcourse I couldn't leave it at thatgrin.gif . I had to paint on the gun ports and change the flash position. The only problem is it has to be done with every skin I madeblink.gif (just the painted on gun ports) The rest was done in the DATA.ini. I'll touch up a few skins that I know were D.III's and not D.IIIa's. And then I'll update the Pfalz download files as I go.

Oh, I also changed the serial number font.

I'll repost the stock Pfalz D.III skin (silver-grey), the edited DATA.ini to go with it, and the new serial # decals so anyone who wants a real Pfalz D.III can use it.

These still look great - the Pfalz is still my favorite plane from the war - guess I've watched The Blue Max too many times! Look forward to the edits, and thank you again for all of the hard work.

Mike D.

"I had to paint on the gun ports and change the flash position."

Great idea, & nice work too quack.

Edited by peter01

yes

exactly what i needcool.gif

i sugest that you post the DATA with your skins idea.gif

thank you

Christian

Hi Quack

I'm catching up on a lot of FE modding work after a few months overseas. Did you post the modified files for this excellent-looking Pfalz DIII, and if so, where?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Dora they're all in the First Eagles download section under /skins/Pfalz

OK ta Quack - I was looking for the data.ini file in the wrong places!

Now all's we need is a Pfalz D-III body downloadable plane put on this site.

Edited by Spad13

Now all's we need is a Pfalz D-III body downloadable plane put on this site.

We can't. It's one of Capun's models. You have to email him for a password. It can take him a little time sometimes, but he does respond.

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Just be patient, polite, and follow his rules, and you'll be able to access his site.

This is the link to the forum mentioned in the downloads page. The link seems to have disappeared.

http://cplengineeringllc_bb.cplengineeringllc.com/Forum/

Edited by Heck

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to do without for now.

We can't. It's one of Capun's models. You have to email him for a password. It can take him a little time sometimes, but he does respond.

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Just be patient, polite, and follow his rules, and you'll be able to access his site.

This is the link to the forum mentioned in the downloads page. The link seems to have disappeared.

http://cplengineerin...gllc.com/Forum/

I've used the excellent IIIa skins for Jasta 5, 10, 11, 18 & 40s.

I can now include IIIa with D5 within these Jastas.

As regards the actual aircraft - I registered first with A Team Skunkworks, then sent an e mail to Capun, in accordance with Skunkworks instructions, requesting permission to download WW1 aircraft.

Permission was given within 2 days, and I've now downloaded quite a few extra aircraft, and updated their data ini's with Peter01 latest.

These skins are truly beautiful. Quack says he's going to work on the individual pilot skins when he gets the chance. He has really brought both these types, D.III, and D.IIIa, to life in this series of skins. This is one of my favorite WW1 aircraft, I guess because what I've learned about it over the years is so much different than what I read as a kid. In essence, it suffered from not being better than it was, just like the Albatros DV and DVa. And that has left it an afterthought in the minds of many a flight simmer, and especially flight sim skin artists, who, in the past, haven't dug very deep into what this aircraft looked like in combat, presenting just the more well known color schemes in many sims. I can't remember any sim I've owned presenting anywhere near this variety when it comes to the Pfalz, so my hat's off to Quack for all his hard work.drinks.gif

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to do without for now.

I hope TK will include an official Pfalz model in the Expansion Pack for FE2, whenever that comes out. The Pfalz is the only AC I miss not being able to download from Capun's website.

I dont understand the problem some have with downloading from Skunkworks. All you need to do is ask Capun1950 for a password via e-mail. I cant imagine he would say no to some and not others. Unless ofcourse he knows you and you're a plane steelergrin.gif . It's tough supplying free stuff to people that takes a lot of hours to create. So I understand why he doesnt mess around. But he's a cool guy. Send a nice message (request for password) and just follow their rules. Shouldnt be a problem. It might take a day or two for him to get the message. Just be patient. He'll respond.

I dont understand the problem some have with downloading from Skunkworks. All you need to do is ask Capun1950 for a password via e-mail. I cant imagine he would say no to some and not others. Unless ofcourse he knows you and you're a plane steelergrin.gif . It's tough supplying free stuff to people that takes a lot of hours to create. So I understand why he doesnt mess around. But he's a cool guy. Send a nice message (request for password) and just follow their rules. Shouldnt be a problem. It might take a day or two for him to get the message. Just be patient. He'll respond.

It's not a problem with Skunkworks. It was me. I was very busy for awhile and didn't have a chance to read through the procedures and all. Today I finally had some time to read through everything and cut and paste and request a password. A plane stealer? Hardly! I wouldn't even know where to begin! I've depended on forums like these and YouTube tutorials to get me to the point where I could actually fly planes in the games I have. cool.gif

It's not a problem with Skunkworks. It was me. I was very busy for awhile and didn't have a chance to read through the procedures and all. Today I finally had some time to read through everything and cut and paste and request a password. A plane stealer? Hardly! I wouldn't even know where to begin! I've depended on forums like these and YouTube tutorials to get me to the point where I could actually fly planes in the games I have. cool.gif

It's well worth it. There are a bunch of WWI models there. And here at CA there are new flight models for each of those planes along with a hand full of different skins.

It's well worth it. There are a bunch of WWI models there. And here at CA there are new flight models for each of those planes along with a hand full of different skins.

Wow. You got that right! I got approval today. I just downloaded the Pfalz DIIIa. In accordance with the Capun's directives, I will wait awhile before I download another one. But now... I'm going to go find me some Pfalz skins! Thanks!

Wow. You got that right! I got approval today. I just downloaded the Pfalz DIIIa. In accordance with the Capun's directives, I will wait awhile before I download another one. But now... I'm going to go find me some Pfalz skins! Thanks!

Just make certain that when you download them from here, that you're getting Quack's updated versions. His latest work on both the Pfalz D3 and D3a is unbelievably good. The weathering is tremendous, and you get the gravity fuel tank in the upper left wing. I've even made Jasta 77b my default skin.

Just make certain that when you download them from here, that you're getting Quack's updated versions. His latest work on both the Pfalz D3 and D3a is unbelievably good. The weathering is tremendous, and you get the gravity fuel tank in the upper left wing. I've even made Jasta 77b my default skin.

Only problem is... the crosses aren't showing up on the wings. I'll have to ask him what I've done wrong...