Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

A proud day for the Brazilian Navy.

Ens. Roberto "Suje Pássaro" Souza gets his F/A-18+ of VF-1 De Falcões in the groove for the first offical trap on the newley refurbished NAe DOM PEDRO II. October 2014 Marinha do Brasil official photo. The "DOM" is the former USS Constellation CV-64.

img00142.JPG

Edited by MAKO69
  • Like 1

Ens. Roberto "Suje Pássaro" Souza gets his F/A-18+ of VF-1 De Falcões in the groove for the first offical trap on the newley refurbished NAe DOM PEDRO II. Fall 2014 Marinha do Brasil official photo. The "DOM" is the former USS Constellation CV-64.

Que uma beleiza, nesta Brasileira fortisima!

:grin: Lookin' great mako!

Dirty bird?

just a detail...we don't usually name our carriers as president's name, mainly because all of them did a craptastic job doesn't worth to be reminded :grin:

i bet our A-13 carrier will be called Pará or Rio de Janeiro (state names)

btw, there is a navy plan to build from scratch a new carrier at AMRJ right after our new scorpenes are finished.

:grin: Lookin' great mako!

Dirty bird?

just a detail...we don't usually name our carriers as president's name, mainly because all of them did a craptastic job doesn't worth to be reminded :grin:

i bet our A-13 carrier will be called Pará or Rio de Janeiro (state names)

btw, there is a navy plan to build from scratch a new carrier at AMRJ right after our new scorpenes are finished.

As memory serves he was one of the better ones abolishing slavery, like our A. Lincoln. So he can't be all that that crapastic.

And "Dirty Bird" is the call sign.

Edited by MAKO69

As memory serves he was one of the better ones abolishing slavery, like our A. Lincoln. So he can't be all that that crapastic.

And "Dirty Bird" is the call sign.

true, as a matter of fact Dom Pedro II didn't abolished the slavery... unfortunately in the late 1888's his daughter, Princess izbel abolished the slavery with golden law, under the pressuder of republicans, one of the last acts of our empire...some months later the military took controll of power and Dom Pedro was exiled in france...he government brought some modernizations to our country such as telephones, eletric energy and fire corps, the parliment...

hehe

Mako, are you a historian or something like that?

hehe it seems you quite like my country's history.

true, as a matter of fact Dom Pedro II didn't abolished the slavery... unfortunately in the late 1888's his daughter, Princess izbel abolished the slavery with golden law, under the pressuder of republicans, one of the last acts of our empire...some months later the military took controll of power and Dom Pedro was exiled in france...he government brought some modernizations to our country such as telephones, eletric energy and fire corps, the parliment...

hehe

Mako, are you a historian or something like that?

hehe it seems you quite like my country's history.

I am a huge fan of history, not only my country but of all the Americas.