Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

P4 Suggestion / Enquiry

Apologies if this has been discussed before, (and further apologies if you can do this already but I just haven't seen the button), but can I make a request for a modification to the workshop?

Would it be possible to include a window or pop up to preview an aircraft's skin while you're in the workshop?

There are masses of different skins to choose from, but personally, I feel the absence of a quick preview, not just to help pick skins I want, but also to cycle through the list for interest's sake. Seems to be a lot of work which might not otherwise get the exposure it fully deserves.

I also wonder whether you should be compiling a dossier of all your research, not just skins but everything, and get it in front of a publisher. That would make a superb book I for one would like to read.

One easy thing to do and get: the free download of IrfanView.

With that program installed, you click "open" in this directory:

(your game folder) > campaigns > CampaignData > skins

Once you have clicked one skin and see it full size, you can, as Sandbagger said,

get to the next by just pressing the arrow-down-key.

Thanks, but I meant an 'in game' window with the skin mapped onto the aircraft - not a separate viewer.

Thanks, but I meant an 'in game' window with the skin mapped onto the aircraft - not a separate viewer.

Flyby, I think this was looked into by the Devs quite some time ago

IIRC, there was no easy solution and it would have been a big undertaking

Currently we have no way to generate a 3D view of the model and the skin applied inside the manager. So if someone feels like taking top and side screenshots of 4200+ textures, applied manually one by one to models (if it's the same aircraft model, for example you are doing all Alb DVa skins, you need to exit model viewer and copy in new skin, then relaunch model viewer and re load the model with new skin) .. be my guest :)

I'll Do it! (just kidding) :grin:

Ahm - I have a pan on the fire... sorry, Pol...