Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

OT The New Doctor any good or not your thoughts...

Okjay this may only apply to the Brits amongst the crowd and possibly a select few on that one...

The new Doctor Who... Anyone think he's any good or not ???

Sat and watched the episode and was mildly surprised that it worked very well... The Boy Smith looks like what he's supposed to look like a madman with a box to quote the show...

Anyway apart from that the lack of CGI makes this so much better as it relies on your mind and when you have ordinary people being the bad guy's its more scary (not sure if thats the right word) than any CGI'd alien out there...

My comment on this is looks good and time will tell... sorry for the bad pun there...

Not a great Dr Who fan, (Fav Drs Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker !) watched a couple of the David Tenants epsiode which really enjoyed. Tenant is a hard act to follow, but I enjoyed this new series and found the new Dr quite funny. Enjoyed the story also and the coming series looks very interesting. I will be watching the new series, whihc i haven't done since the 70S !!!

We've haven't gotten the new Dr yet here (on cable, BBC America), but I for one am looking forward to it.

Also want to know when Primevel is coming back ... they left us hanging on the last episode!

wrench

kevin stein

I wont go into the new episode further then Wrench as we only had the first of the new series tonight but it was good in a different way...

my wife hasn't got over David's "death" yet.I've been going thru these transitions since the 70's so I'm kinda used to it.I think it will be how it always is a brief transitions where your watching and your thinking that "this isn't the Doctor" then without even realizing it your watching and it feels like the new guy has always been the Doctor.I am still trying to convince my wife to bury me in a TARDIS coffin when I croak.

He certainly has that ineffable quality of "Doctorishness" - like Tennant, I think he will mature into the role, my wife who was totally opposed on the basis of his youth and somewhat poncy manner was won round by the first ep.

I think the new ser4ies will be magnificent, now we have Moffat at the helm, based on his episodes from Tennant's run.

The new trailer ran at the end of the episode has something which has me wetting my pants with excitment. . . . .

Spitfires in space!!

Spitfires in space!!!!!

Spitfires in spcae!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention. . .

Spitfires in space!!!!!

I can't even let myself think about how cooll the new look Daleks are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Spitfires in Space how can we not forget that !!! I was speechless at that one... but hey guys no giving the game away for the people who havn't seen it yet...

BUT SPITFIRES IN SPACE HOW DEVILISH IS THAT????

Sorry for the shouting...

As mentioned, it hasn't aired here yet but count me in as among the wary. I thought the Eccleston -> Tennant shift was positive, but the guy behind the scenes didn't change. Now we have basically a total reboot and those usually don't end up well when what came before was so good.

For Kevin, FWIW I heard Primeval was done.

Even though you said its a Total Reboot Jedi... very true but as the old saying goes a Change is as good as a rest... and after watching it a second time today... it still has the magic though its a slightly different magic but it is still good magic...

Oh and didn't we forget the SPITFIRES IN SPACE put that in just in case anyone missed it...

Edited by Slartibartfast