Sign in to follow this  

Well, the release of Flaming Cliffs 2 has spawned a series of pretty good A-10 AAR's over at SimHQ, and that inspired me to make some changes to the default attack, SEAD, and strike loadouts for the A-10 in SF2:E. I thought I'd share them here and see if there was any interest in them, or, of course, suggestions for improvement.

Just drop the respective loadout.ini files into the A-10A and A-10A_78 folders, and drop the 2_LAU-88A folder into the weapons folder. Let me know what you think!

A-10 Loadout Mod.rar

Edited by malibu43

Maybe some previews are in order...

CAS/Recon

img00005-5.jpg

Strike

img00004-5.jpg

SEAD

img00006-4.jpg

I like those. Think you can whip up a lightening pod with GBU's or JDAM for precision strike?

I like those. Think you can whip up a lightening pod with GBU's or JDAM for precision strike?

Sure, but the most modern install I have right now is NF4+, so it'll have to be when I have time to find one of my more modern installs on a back up somewhere...

Also, I had a link to a website a while ago that showed loadouts (both in text and graphically) for most aircraft involved in ODS up through Enduring Freedom. There was great info on F-15E loadouts from OAF, and I was hoping to get some A-10 loadout info, but I can't find the website. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have the link?

Edited by malibu43

Something like this?

img00002-12.jpg

Did you want this for the SF2E A-10A, or the an A-10C? Is there an SF2 A-10C anywhere or do I need to create one with the A-10A/

The Litening III is positioned right next to the right main gear extension. Also loadouts change depending on the circumstances.

Edited by EricJ

The Litening III is positioned right next to the right main gear extension. Also loadouts change depending on the circumstances.

Yeah, i saw some pictures of the litening on the station as I have it and also on the station where the maverick is as you mentioned. If it is more commonly carried where the maverick is loaded, then I can move it there.

Do you have any examples of a few common loadouts?

Unfortunately I don't malibu43, alot of that information was lost in a wipe I had to do with my computer, sorry.

OK. Here is a shot at an A-10C (sort of) based of the SF2E A-10. I can't get the skin to work, so maybe someone else can figure that out. Also, the service date would need to be changed for it to really be an A-10C (and the litening pod too).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEQ23KD2

And here are some slightly altered loadouts for the A-10A's:

A-10 Loadout.rar