Sign in to follow this  
B-4

What's new in WOE 2?

Hello guys:

I have been play with the WOE for 2 years now, it is a good sim. Now I just found out the WOE 2 is out. I just want to found out more about it before I spend money on it. If you guys have bought it, can you tell me what is it like compare to the first one, most importantly does it have trim? Thank a lot.

You mean Strike Fighters 2: Europe?

No Trim in 2nd series - although there was a trim workaround a few years back anyway

differences - has been coved a few hundred times - but the file structure has changed a lot - so it can work with Vista/Win7 properly.

New RWR avionics - new 3D models and skins in most cases - and the cockpits are reworked high res/poly.

A few new features - like being able to save a mission just flown.

If you like multiplayer - it had to be taken out due to some changes by MS

If you have WOE already then you might want to try another one like SF2I

I have been play with the WOE for 2 years now, it is a good sim. Now I just found out the WOE 2 is out.

Have you been on a desert island? rofl.gif

IMHO If you are still on XP stick with WOE but if you are on Vista or W7 then I'd get SF2E.

BTW why is trim so important to you?

The A-10 loadout is ineherently unbalanced?

The old trim mod does not work in SF2?

It works fine. In fact, I have elevator and rudder trim mapped to one of the hat switches on my HOTAS.

It works fine. In fact, I have elevator and rudder trim mapped to one of the hat switches on my HOTAS.

There's a trim mod? Could you tell me where can I download this mod, please? Thanks a lot!!

You don't need to download anything. Go to controls.ini, find entries on keyboard control of roll and pitch and set centering rate to 0. This way you'll be able to use keys for fixed adjustments to control surfaces position. Although, I think, that trim will reset after a sharp joystick movement.

You don't need to download anything. Go to controls.ini, find entries on keyboard control of roll and pitch and set centering rate to 0. This way you'll be able to use keys for fixed adjustments to control surfaces position. Although, I think, that trim will reset after a sharp joystick movement.

Thanks sir. That help me a lot.

By the way, how's the visibility in WOE2? It is really hard to spot plane in the first one.

Can depend on resolution and monitor size, and I use a trackIR and can zoom in so its less of an issue. How it compares to WOE - not sure.