Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

"warning Order" From Stormin

Carl "Stormin" Norman just posted this on the UBI forum under the title:

"WARNING ORDER FOR THE V1.02 PATCH"

posted 08/06/2004 19:25

This is your "Warning Order" for the V1.02 Patch release.

The V.102 patch is currently in the final phases of testing. We have addressed many things and solved most of the problems reported by users. It is important that everyone understand a few things:

1. The Read Me file provides lots of valuable information. Please read it before using V1.02.

2. New bugs will appear and some will surprise all of us. This is a complex and very large program. Lots can go wrong. There is no way we can get a patch to you that fixes "everything". The testing resources available for patches are much less than that of a product prior to initial release. That means that it is more than likely we will miss something. We don't like the idea of you all being testers, but with games like this you do sometimes play that role. We ask that you provide us your feedback in a reasoned and mature way. The Moderators will create an official feedback thread. Please use it to provide details of what you are experiencing and be sure to include your system spec and hardware information.

3. This is an entertainment software product, not a Department or Ministry of Defense project with a big budget. We are doing our best with limited resources. Work with us, not against us, please. We have worked very hard on this product and this patch. We believe we have enhanced the game greatly and hope that you enjoy it. We realize that we will not make everyone happy so our goal has always been to make most of you happy.

4. Instead of getting angry, let's all work together and help one another. That is what has mostly been happening online in the forum. Let's continue to be a community and not a mob. Personally, I am glad to help out but I will not be very tolerant of bad behavior, rude people, or abusive treatment. There is no excuse for anyone to be insulting or abusive. If you can't be mature and constructive then don't bother posting.

5. Curb the instinct to attack. This goes both ways: If you are having problems ask for help without being a jerk; If you love Lock On and people slamming it are annoying and make you angry then just ignore them or, even better, attempt to help them instead of attacking them. People want to play the game and when they can't it upsets them. Don't pour fuel on the flame. Most problems have simple solutions that can be shared amoung users. Help out your fellow sim pilot.

6. Be patient. This patch might appear to be ready in the next few days and then at the last minute we'll find a major problem. It happens all the time in software development. I can't provide you with and exact patch release schedule. It is too variable to predict accurately and after we submit our Release Candidate to Ubi Soft then it is up to them as to when the patch will be made available to the public. I'm sure that Ubi Soft will get it out as soon as they can. Hang in there.

7. I am going to repeat that you need to read the Read Me file. It is also a good idea to review all the documentation contained in the /Doc directory of your Lock On installation. There have been several key command changes in V1.02 so be sure to review the KeyCommands.doc file as well.

Best Wishes,

Carl

I seem to have a EWR that goes "ding" whenever Stormin posts anything official on the forums - sometimes i amaze myself ;)

Damn GhostDog,

I don't think Carl had finished hitting the "submit" button and you already had this up here. You're spooky! :unsure:

Bear

thanks ghost dog ;)

keep it up

Considering the time zone differences between the forums that gives you about 9 minutes from Stormin's post. You're starting to slack Ghost Dog!!!

damn... i knew somebody would spot it :(

... i must... click.. faster... must..cl*

Considering the time zone differences between the forums that gives you about 9 minutes from Stormin's post.  You're starting to slack Ghost Dog!!!

Lol! Your busted GD... :D

Thanks for the heads up. I visit the lock on forums continually too and you always seem to get the jump on me, hehe. Glad to hear its finally going to happen. Lock on is an outstanding sim.

Carl's "warning order" is quite the shot across the bow. :blink:

But it has got to be an indication that this is the closest we have ever been to the v1.02 release. :)

Why do I get the feeling that 90% of his post is directed at 10% of the LOMAC forum users? :rolleyes: Attention should go where it is deserved, IMO.

In my estimation, it appears it is in the hads of UbiSoft. Perhaps if we are lucky, we could have it our hands this weekend. Fingers are crossed anyway.

I seem to have a EWR that goes "ding" whenever Stormin posts anything official on the forums - sometimes i amaze myself ;)

Damn, GD. I've been at the site all afternoon, clicking refresh... but nothing's updating!!! ;)

You've got the magic touch. Maybe if you hang out there and keep clicking, the v1.02 final release will show up quicker. :lol:

You've got the magic touch.  Maybe if you hang out there and keep clicking, the v1.02 final release will show up quicker. :lol:

... I'm trying not to influence things too much - its a jedi thing you know

Hee hee! :D

I hear ya. You don't want to be pressing the "Jedi Refresh" button on your browser (you know, the one beside the "Refresh" button) until you are confident it is time for us all to get the patch.

i knew you would understand: .. the responsabilty ... the overall balance of things.. all that

Ok i'll go make me a sandwich now

You've got the magic touch.  Maybe if you hang out there and keep clicking, the v1.02 final release will show up quicker.   :lol:

... I'm trying not to influence things too much - its a jedi thing you know

what, johnny walker?

what, johnny walker?

*hic*

Naw, ishh Luke.... Luke (sky)Wah-kerr....

Carl's "warning order" is quite the shot across the bow.  :blink:

But it has got to be an indication that this is the closest we have ever been to the v1.02 release.  :)

Why do I get the feeling that 90% of his post is directed at 10% of the LOMAC forum users?  :rolleyes:  Attention should go where it is deserved, IMO.

Actually, it's more likely directed at the .002% of the smacktards that seem to live on the Ubi LOMAC forum. :blink:

Close but no cigar. We found a big problem today. Still trying to get it out as soon as possible but not with problems like the one we found today. Please be patient.

Carl

bugger.

Thanks for the update, Bard.

It must pain Carl and the others so to have to type those words and click SUBMIT.

*sigh*

i'm glad the problems are being found and fixed.

i'd hate to have waited for 7 months only to get a patch that still leaves aspects of the game crippled.