Hi I am sure I have seen a fix for this here but can't find it now. any ideas how to fix this ? Thanks

post-18828-12704076828669.jpg

Edited by snakeman

More information is needed such as what game, are they stock or MF F-4M's, etc. but I think you're looking for a fix to a problem of your own making.

The 'good' F-4M looks like the SF2E version so are you mixing series 1 and series 2 stuff together?

Ah, I see that there are pilots in the 'good' F-4M so that's the aircraft that you are flying or parking up. Have you extracted the F-4M LODs from WOE and tried to use them in a SF2E F-4M or used a F-4M that is asking for the WOE F-4M LOD.

Very strange how the loadouts on the sunken F-4M's are different too! And is that a 'desert pink' F-4M in there?

Edited by Spinners

Hi yes these are F-4M_static from WOE. Are you saying you can't use them in SF2E ? Yes the good F-4M is the one to fly.

Edited by snakeman

Hi yes these are F-4M_static from WOE. Are you saying you can't use them in SF2E ? Yes the good F-4M is the one to fly.

Hi Snakeman, are you using my original statics for SF1? It looks like it. Let's see what I can do to update the F-4M for use in SF2 - haven't got a copy of SF2 myself yet, still too busy with other stuff to get around to it but certainly after the October 2008 patch the statics behaved differently. Give the attached _data.ini file a go in place of the original static version to see if there is a difference and let me know how you get on. Cheers.

Regards, comrpnt. :-)

Hi Snakeman, are you using my original statics for SF1? It looks like it. Let's see what I can do to update the F-4M for use in SF2 - haven't got a copy of SF2 myself yet, still too busy with other stuff to get around to it but certainly after the October 2008 patch the statics behaved differently. Give the attached _data.ini file a go in place of the original static version to see if there is a difference and let me know how you get on. Cheers.

Regards, comrpnt. :-)

Sorry Comrpnt did you mean to include a _data.ini file or am I reading your post worng !

Thanks

Sorry Comrpnt did you mean to include a _data.ini file or am I reading your post worng !

Thanks

Hi Snakeman, simply replace the old F-4M_data_static.ini file you've been using with the new one I attached in the earlier post above. Then retry and see if the new file fixes the problem. Simply drop the new file into the F-4M_static folder and give it a go - again, I've not tested for SF2 but you may get better results.

(For info. the static aircraft I developed are picky about the content of the _data_static.ini file and recently I've tried a few changes to this file to overcome changes to the game engine that came in after the October 2008 patch).

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

Not sure if I am missing something but I cant see the file you sent...

Not sure if I am missing something but I cant see the file you sent...

Mmm, and I thought that I'd attached it (user error on my part, doh!) - oh well, here you go again - please see attached... F-4M_data_static.ini

(Un-rar the attachment and drop into the F-4M_static folder, overwriting the original)

Regards, comrpnt.

F-4M_DATA_static.rar

Mmm, and I thought that I'd attached it (user error on my part, doh!) - oh well, here you go again - please see attached... F-4M_data_static.ini

(Un-rar the attachment and drop into the F-4M_static folder, overwriting the original)

Regards, comrpnt.

Hi tried that file but it didn't work. I tweak about a bit more and added the following from the SF2E Stock F-4M

DestroyedModel=F-4_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=14197.2

\\EmptyInertia=133209.5,27256.6,152258.9

ReferenceArea=49.24

ReferenceSpan=11.79

ReferenceChord=4.89

OnGroundPitchAngle=0.50

CGPosition=0.00,1.70,0.00

EmptyMass=14023.0

EmptyInertia=0,0,0

ReferenceArea=49.24

ReferenceSpan=11.79

Now I get see screen shots The Phantoms are sitting low. Any ideas ?

Thanks

post-18828-12705862270264.jpg

post-18828-1270586246616.jpg

Hi tried that file but it didn't work. I tweak about a bit more and added the following from the SF2E Stock F-4M

DestroyedModel=F-4_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

EmptyMass=14197.2

\\EmptyInertia=133209.5,27256.6,152258.9

ReferenceArea=49.24

ReferenceSpan=11.79

ReferenceChord=4.89

OnGroundPitchAngle=0.50

CGPosition=0.00,1.70,0.00

EmptyMass=14023.0

EmptyInertia=0,0,0

ReferenceArea=49.24

ReferenceSpan=11.79

Now I get see screen shots The Phantoms are sitting low. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Well, first thing I notice is that the first half of the attributes repeat the second half, and also EmptyInertia is commented out near the top, rather than set for zero for x,y and z which is what was in my earlier data file. This is a key attribute and commenting it out probably explains what you're seeing. The file I sent earlier was an edited version of the October 2008 patched WOE, rather than taken simply from the much earlier statics pack I developed. I found it better to start again with these once the October 2008 patch came out as so much changed with the way these type of aircraft behave.

Try the attached file which is a copy of my WOE October 2008 F-4M static files that works fine for that version of the game - simply copy in the RAFCamo skin folder from the original WOE F-4M - which I didn't include due to file size issues - and besides you already have a copy in your original F-4 folder ;-)

I tested this version of the static using the attached mission (.msn) file "F-4M with static test".

After that I'm all out of ideas until I get around to installing SF2 and can play around with this some more.

Regards, comrpnt.

F-4M with static test.rar

F-4M_static.rar

Well, first thing I notice is that the first half of the attributes repeat the second half, and also EmptyInertia is commented out near the top, rather than set for zero for x,y and z which is what was in my earlier data file. This is a key attribute and commenting it out probably explains what you're seeing. The file I sent earlier was an edited version of the October 2008 patched WOE, rather than taken simply from the much earlier statics pack I developed. I found it better to start again with these once the October 2008 patch came out as so much changed with the way these type of aircraft behave.

Try the attached file which is a copy of my WOE October 2008 F-4M static files that works fine for that version of the game - simply copy in the RAFCamo skin folder from the original WOE F-4M - which I didn't include due to file size issues - and besides you already have a copy in your original F-4 folder ;-)

I tested this version of the static using the attached mission (.msn) file "F-4M with static test".

After that I'm all out of ideas until I get around to installing SF2 and can play around with this some more.

Regards, comrpnt.

Hi Comrpnt

I had to add

OnGroundPitchAngle=0.50

now i get this

So very close.

Thanks very much for your help.

post-18828-12706611327093.jpg

Excellent, it's a result.

If you want popped canopies then that can be done too - if SF2 behaves similar to the Oct 2008 game engine, which it seems to do, mostly.

See the attached rar files for an open canopy static. BTW, I also put the shadows back in as the loadouts looked strange with shadows, with no aircraft shadow to match. Also there's a new mission sample to see how both styles of static work.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

F-4M_static.rar

F-4M_static_c.rar

F-4M with static test 2.rar

I wonder if increasing the RollingRadius= to, maybe 0.46 might not raise them up a bit, too

wrench

kevin stein

I wonder if increasing the RollingRadius= to, maybe 0.46 might not raise them up a bit, too

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Kevin

I change nosewheel rollingradius=026 which works. It does not seem to make a difference with the main wheels tried different settings. Any ideas why the spoliers are popped up.

Thanks again

post-18828-12708412655013.jpg