Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

easy terrain question

Guest rscsjsuso5

hi guys - an easy question , probably should have checked the kb, maybe i missed it, but for an example i just downloaded a terrain for sfp1 and found that the water texture/feature in the terrain trickles and flickers - question is where in the terrain file do i fix this problem.

thanks and enjoy your week.

water shimmering?

from the KB:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/32500-shimmering-water-fix-for-sept-08-patch/

Be advised, some terrains may NOT be fixed by this. They'll require much more intensive editing, and in some cases (depending on the terrain; ie: build date, and IF updated), entirely new alpha channels for the sea and sea/land transition tiles. Also, the use of the 'black painted hm bmps', and editing of the Height line for sea sea/land transitions may also be required. Some may also requie a new 'waternormal.bmp' (although that mostly exists to give the waves some reality).

It might help to know exactly WHICH terrain ... as I've done major 'work' on just about all the 3rd Party ones...

wrench

kevin stein

what Ive found is reverting to stock settings fixes the issue; i.e like if you are using WOV and adding a terrain then apply the configuration found in the stock VietnamSea_data.ini to the TerrainData.ini you've added-what you need to copy is everything before the first texture entry.

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks wrench and stick - the terrain is formosa terrian by gephard. if possible i will try all options but if not is their a work around.

thanks again stick and also wrench you okay hope the baja quake didn't affect you , i have some relatives in SD and i can clearly remember the quake that damaged the bay bridge back in the 80-90 .

thanks, fortunatley we only felt it here in LA (damdest thing too, I'd just parked my car, and it started rocking sideways, like a heavy wind was pushing it ... but there wasn't a breeze!)

I haven't looked a Formosa in like forever and may not even have the most current one, so try the HF adjustments first. Since it uses the GermanyCE tileset...I don't think I made any black HM bmps for it (just desert and VietnamSEA)

this is the other line I mentioned:

HeightMapScale=10.000000

it's on all tiles that have water

reduce it to this:

HeightMapScale=2.000000

or you might have objects (buildings and vheicles and trees) sunk into the ground

wrench

kevin stein