Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Sopwith Triplane "Silver Bird" - Skin in Progress

Here is my latest skinning attempt - a Triplane painted with silver bronze called "Silver Bird".

I will make it available soon.

Had a go with some Jasta 6 boys - it was hard firing at "my" Staffel; but I brought down two.

The Triplane can just outrun and outturn them with no effort. A hell of a plane.

I find it tempting to go VERY close, cause you can pull away with a quick reaction of the Tripe.

But then I hit one Albatros in a steep vertical climb, when the response was rather low.

Edited by Olham

Great Work Olham,

Now we only need to find them and shoot them down.

m

Beautiful, as always. We have enough great "skinners" here to populate a medium-sized village. :good:

It's a BEAUTY!

Nice and you were lucky just to lose the wingtip. Heck, whenever I collide - I COLLIDE! :heat: Then it's:

- spinning

- more spinning

- black screen

- DID

It was a very tiny collision - I would have estimated I had passed him without touch,

but I must have hit him a little bit. My other collisions were, as you said, mostly fatal.

Nice and you were lucky just to lose the wingtip. Heck, whenever I collide - I COLLIDE! :heat: Then it's:

- spinning

- more spinning

- black screen

- DID

You must be doing something wrong. Morris collides all the time and the DiD manager always lets him live. :grin:

Well, Morris is flying in South Africa, so he is always fying headover.

Now it may be so, that, when he crashes, he is falling UPWARDS against

the soil, which would make his crashes feel rather like a soft slap in the face ? :grin:

Edited by Olham

Nice to fly that, whilst listening to 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind!....Nice skin as per usual Olham :salute:

Hey, what a coincidence, Widow! A friend gave me a CD of Hawkwind's

"Warriors on the edge of time" only yesterday!

Sadly, I missed them in their time - never heard any other song but "Silver Machine".

But now I'll see what this one sounds like.

Stunning job Olham. I really like that one. Personal skin maybe...

Widow: "Silver Machine" would be quite apt for a "flying machine". And you could always name her Stacia :dance:

Olham your talents continue to grow. Very nice, very nice. I wish I had your skills and perseverance as I just had my best idea for a fantasy skin. :drinks:

Nice work Olham, reminds me of those late WW2 / Korean War aircraft with the metalic bodies and brightly coloured decals. good.gif

Edited by MikeDixonUK

Thanks, all!

Now what is it, Rickitycrate? Perhaps it can be done?

Hasse Wind,

Thats not nice to tell everybody that i always collide with the enemy. They (the enemy) cant fly.

During a DID campaign if u collide with a frog ur dead, but i have lost a wing during combat and survived.

Cheers

Morris

Made a second version of the Tripe, adding Navy blue.

Unfortunately, the skin is getting pretty much distorted on the wings.

So my stripes, which were neatly straight, have become of various width.

Last picture shows, how eager the men of A-flight were: they first shot right through

my aircraft, when I followed a D III, which I had already hit - it was obviously MY prey!

Then they even flew into my kite!

Crash - unconrtollable - pilot dead!

I must say, that I have never seen such misbehaviour and bad conduct on the German side.

Tch! Crumpets!!

Edited by Olham

That silver Tripe is a beaut, Olham! And I feel your pain on trying to run those angled stripes on the wings of the Sopwith, (Strutter is even worse BTW). That's why I chose to do the layout on the Tripe the way I did a while back. Go inboard more and run the lines straight front-to-back and you avoid the distortion.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=9986&record=12516

Cheers!

Lou

Hey, Lou, nice to see you again.

Yeah, just rectangular lines parallel to the fuselage may work, but it wouldn't be the same.

I'll give it a try though.

Guest British_eh

Hey there Olham, very nice job. And RAF, yours was the Tripe............before I begged Sandbagger, at great cost, to do one.

Cheers,

British_eh

Oh my - perhaps a bit outlandish for you reserved chaps?

:grin: