Sign in to follow this  
jsalbano

Bringing back a dead pilot

Ok, before you shoot me, all the other times I legitimately died a grizzly death in the skies over flanders, I just suck it up and begin a new, however this time was completely buggy and ridiculous. I start the mission, it loads and immediately my nieuport flips over and i die (no i didn't even get to start the motor or anything, I didn't even look at her funny!!!). basically, I want my guy back, I have earned my 7-10 kills fair and square in my glorified ultralight (nieuport 11), we all know how much it sucks, with its mere 185 rounds of MG ammo, it can barely bring down a Fokking Fokker E.III!!! so I'd really rather not start again, as I was almost to the point where i got to switch to the nieuport 16 (not a big improvement, but it has the new plane smell). problem is, I don't know how.

Its a Black Art, and filled with necromancy, but if you really want to, I will tell you how. I must warn you though, your pilot will always have that "not quite living" smell for the rest of his days..........mwuah-hahahahaa.rofl.gif

Ok.....though frowned upon, I see your dilemma, as quirky things happen once in a while. You are in no Did campaign anyway.

Go to your computers drive (usually C) and find the OBD software file.

I'll try to get the order right, cause its been a while.

I think you then go to Campaign/Campaign data

then pilots.

Then scroll through the pilot list of Dossiers till you get to your guy. Enter it with notepad or whatever you use, and go down to where it says "Deceased" and change it to "In Service".

Then....go to the Log book of the same number, and go to the very last mission record line where he bought it, and delete the part where it says "killed in action"...so all thats left are the ; ; separating the space where this was listed.

Thats it. disclaimer: Use only in extreme cases where the game has committed a great evil, not to keep a zombie in the air!!!!!grin.gif

ZZ.

Edited by zoomzoom

"delete the part where it says "killed in action"...so all thats left are the ; ; separating the space where this was listed."

Or you can replace the text with 'went home poorly', as an aide memoire to your brief moment of mortality.

Or you can replace the text with 'went home poorly', as an aide memoire to your brief moment of mortality. rofl.gif

I prefer, "shamefully discharged"....grin.gif

ZZ.

I prefer, "shamefully discharged"....grin.gif"

I thought that only happened to circus stuntmen who refused to climb into the cannon any longer?

rofl.gif

Ok....expunged then?

No no. Thats what happens when you refuse to wash the car.

Doh!

ZZ.

A-ha, and now the Entente is resorting to vile necromancy! Their propaganda claims our glorious Imperial German Army is burning churches and eating babies, but when they believe nobody is watching, the Allies are bringing their dead pilots back to life! :rofl:

Thanks for your help, I'll raise the bugger quickly before he starts to smell and grow moldy. again, if this hadn't been a freak bug I would leave him dead. but the dang thing did a crocodile deathroll on the airstrip right after the mission started, and since i was traveling at great height and speed (NOT!!!!, i didn't even have time to touch the joystick, let alone start it!!!).

oh well, in the meantime i had started an american campaign with the 94th aero and I had the most interesting scrap with 4 albatross. it was at low level over the lines, and the german trenches and british trenches were both peppering everything that dared to move in the fray. I managed to damage two albatross and cause them to smoke, right before what i swear were german guns shot them and caught them on fire (either that, or it was a delayed reaction to my shots). It was crazy, we were all right off the deck and the gunners below didn't care if they shot friendly planes, they just wanted to see a grizzly crash. I survived the fight and went home with damaged ailerons and a holed petrol tank (those AI always hit your aileron cables, its really annoying).