Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

I'm Back At The Front

Greetings All,

My OFF kite is airworthy once again!

Two new Western Digital 640 GB Caviar Black SATA hard drives, a new Diablo 900 watt power supply to push everything, a reload of XP Pro 64 bit and all related programs, a fortnight of tweaking and fine-tuning, and my flying box is bigger and better than ever. I also had to repurchase HitR as my download link had long ago expired and I did not have a back-up of the program, (my own stupid fault), and despite Pol's efforts Avangate would not renew the link. But I figure our ever diligent devs can use the extra cash for P4.

Started a career as an American volunteer with the Lafayette Escadrille in the Alsace in April of 1916, and with the new improvements flying in the mountains is even nicer than it was before. Sliders currently at 5-3-3-4-3 with TrackIR profile set to "smooth" and I have beautiful, rock solid graphics even with a dozen planes in a furball above the Bitschwiller-lès-Thann. No twitches, no stutters, no jaggies; just loads of eye candy and fun.

Me so happy. biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Good you're back in the skies, Lou.

What graphic crad do you run?

I have an ATI RADEON 4870, and I'm running settings at 5,4,3,5,5 -

did you push them up and try higher ?

Clouds are no problem on 5, as far as I found - Terrain and Scenery detail are the killers.

"Me so happy"rofl.gif

thats a good one.

Enjoy the new Hardware.

m

Olham wrote:

What graphic crad do you run?

I have an ATI RADEON 4870, and I'm running settings at 5,4,3,5,5 -

did you push them up and try higher ?

Clouds are no problem on 5, as far as I found - Terrain and Scenery detail are the killers.

Olham, I run a nVidia GTX9800+ 512mb card and I can usually run at 5-4-4-5-5 unless I am in the Alsace, then I have to drop terrain and scenery to 3 and 3, likely due to the sheer number of trees in that region. I can always run clouds at 5, but I don't see any difference in the clouds until I drop all the way down to 2 so I generally run them at 3, (even though they don't seem to pull much in the way of resources).

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Yeah, Alsace is different - not only the trees - all the mushrooms, groundhogs, squirrels etc. :grin:

In Alsace I go to Scenery detail 3, and even reduce density in Workshop.

Oh yes, lots of interesting wildlife up in those mountains...hee, hee...

Good to have you back in the air/area again, Lou. Poor ole Chappy, I still wonder about him. And "Christian" (from the Did, Krauts vs. Crumpets) is making his way back to the front. Seems he got side tracked and looks as if it might be another THREE (ouch) weeks before he is re-instated. grin.gif

Guest British_eh

Glad to see you back in the air mate. I like the graphic card. I have Nvidia GTX 8800 and rountinely get 30 fps at an aerodrome, and 50 when flying.

Your contributions to OFF are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

British_eh

Good to see you back up in the skies Lou

It'll send a shudder through the enemy for sure

Welcome Back Lou...The Huns have missed you!...Time to go 'light some up' :drinks:

Welcome back, Lou. Everybody seems to be upgrading their PCs - I will soon have to do the same so I won't feel like an outsider. :grin: