Sign in to follow this  
UnknownPilot

How can you get addon planes in the hands of the AI?

I have SF2:V, and have been slowly expanding the plane collection both directions (time-wise), and on the newer side, have added the MiG-23, Su-27, Su-27SM, Su-30 (2 versions, forget which now), and MiG-29 (25 and 31 as well). I've also added the F-14, 15, and 16 As.

When I run a 1979 mission with the F-16, it puts me up against MiG-21MFs. Ditto going backwards in time as far back as '72 (might be different variants of the 21, but still 21s).

When I take a MiG-29A German LW up, it puts me up against Su-27s. That was a pleasany surprise, and I did nothing to force that.

I once took a MiG-31 up and forgot to change the service and accidentally ended up as a soviet, the game put me up against F-14s (with USAF written on the side lol.gif ). Again, I was not expecting that and did nothing to force that.

When I go up in Su-30s or Su-27SMs, I typically go as Ukrainian and the year is always mid to late 2000s (like 07 and such), and it puts me up against Su-27s as well.

However, I've never run up against MiG-25s or MiG-23s, even though I have them installed (and have even used them to check them out).

Anyone know how all that works? Is there some trick to getting planes to be selected, is there maybe a way to weight their selection, etc?

I use the USERLIST, which can determine whether or not they're COMMON, RARE, etc. Of course that means editing each file, as well as editing the files in the particular map. Such as the default Desert terrain. I have most nations as friendly, and Paran as my enemy. Using Spinner's Parani Seaqeh, I usually see those, along with Mig-23s or so.

I am not sure how its works so that is why I pull planes out of my install to keep certain sets. That way I know I will encounter what I want. That file mover program swambast made does the trick nicely. When he gets back from his trip I will ask him to release it. It is a miracle program, straight forward, easy to use and it even remembers where your folders are and what you moved. Also I think you can even make set and transfer them at one time. I am still messing with it though. Sorry didnt mean to derail your thread. But yes by pulling out certain planes you can make that happen. Then do forget to save the mission when you are done then you can do it again at your leisure.

Interesting. Wound be neat to take a look at that program. When I saw your request I wanted to tackle it for you, but just didn't have the time. I love doing stuff like that in VBScript and VB. Glad to hear you got something that works though. And it would sure be easier (for me) to use someone elses' than have to dive into it myself. :)

Userlist and export commonality? Hmm... that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Will have to look in to that.

What has to be edited about the terrain? I had edited the F-14A to be available in '72 so that I could use it in the stock carrier landing mission, but I don't think they were in Vietnam. That's the only terrain I have (other than the Range), and the game has been digging into my list and using F-14s as USAF (rather than F-15s or even F-16s), and Su-27s as AI opposition even though it's all done on North Vietnam (from the Expansion Pack 2.0).

Just want to make sure I make all the edits I'd need to. :)