Sign in to follow this  
AGOSTINO

About the F-107C Ultra Sabre?

But the F-107C Ultra Sabre, was a model really existed, or is it just a fantasy, a fictional model?? blink.gif

Is there any reason you specifically mention the F-107C ??

Maybe he was interested in the fictional improvement of the fictional service variant that would be fictionally better, improving on the fictional weaknesses turned up in its fictional baptism of fire in SE Asia (non-fiction).

And while one of the ugliest aircraft, it has much better performance than the Super Sabre.

And while one of the ugliest aircraft, it has much better performance than the Super Sabre.

It grows on ya. Or at least it did me. It's weirdness is part of it's charm. smile2.gif

Again not that I know of - it didn't make it past the prototype, let alone the A version

It did make it to the A version. But that was it.

050324-F-1234P-012.jpg

All in the readme:

(F-107C):

The F-107A had been chosen for development vs the F-105 and had started to be used extensively in Vietnam in 1967.

Israel does not do the preemptive strike as originally planned in 1967, and therefore what would have been the SiX-Day War instead draws out into a much bloodier conflict.

During that conflict, a nuclear weapon is detonated, touching off a small exchange of nuclear weapons, contained within the middle east area.

As a result, most of the oil fields are contaiminated, and the global economy suffers a depression as a result.

The US government is unable to generate the revenue needed to fully fund the F-14/F-15/F-16 programs. Instead, it invests in technological and engine improvements to existing designs, resulting in the F-107C instead of the LWF program, with the F100 engine, a new canopy and avionics.

Now I'm pretty sure a nuke wasn't detonated in the Six Day War.

FC

It fits well. I'm planning for my Siberian Sky campaign to use F-107 as recon if RF-101s take too heavy losses, and if there are not enough F-105s to go around.

It worked for RF-101A ~> http://www.spyflight.co.uk/f100.htm with hacked on extra drop tanks until U-2 was ready.

The F-107 has intake moved above cockpit to not interfere with weapon releace, then the thing is used purely for unarmed recon. It sounds "typical" enough they'd do something like that in a pinch.

All in the readme:

Now I'm pretty sure a nuke wasn't detonated in the Six Day War.

FC

Then, your "F-107C Ultra Sabre" , is only fantasy?? this.gif

Then, your "F-107C Ultra Sabre" , is only fantasy?? this.gif

Yes, it is a what if version.

Yes, it is a what if version.

Well, thank you immensely!!!! drinks.gif