Someone can tell me what types of AAA were employed by the USA and NK Army during the war?Thanks!

Regards,

Teo

It's been handled already in the KAW mod. Trust me, since I'm placing ALL the damn things....

(although, we're missing the M-19 dual-40 SPAAG)

wrench

kevin stein

It's been handled already in the KAW mod. Trust me, since I'm placing ALL the damn things....

(although, we're missing the M-19 dual-40 SPAAG)

wrench

kevin stein

I've noticed there are also the SAM but I'm not sure were employed during this war.

Regards,

Teo

The NKs didn't start deploying SAMS (SA-2/HQ-2-??) until after 1970. SA-3 slightly later, with a single SA-5 battery north of Keasong.

Been at a korea mod on-and-off for almost 2 years; all the research has already been done.

BTW, there WON'T be any SAMs on this map, as it designed for 1950s Korean War useage. But I already know where ALL the batteries go, and have an alternate targets ini for 1975 and later.

worry not, my friend! You'll be able to relive Falcon 4 after release.

wrench

kevin stein

what about shipping? Was it just pt boats or P-4 patrol boats similar to North Vietnam? Some Russian freighters or warships in a what if extension to KAW could be useful. The all gun cruisers would come into play. We already have Chapaev class.

what about shipping? Was it just pt boats or P-4 patrol boats similar to North Vietnam? Some Russian freighters or warships in a what if extension to KAW could be useful. The all gun cruisers would come into play. We already have Chapaev class.

Well something is being worked on in the KAW mod :grin::cool: Cant say more at the moment about shipping since nothing is complete yet ship wise

Well, considering the fact that the US Navy (and RN and RAN) had effectively blockaded the ENTIRE Korean Penninsula from almost Day 2 of the war, sort of precludes any major convoy routes for the Red Side (on a side note, it was the longest continous blockade in USN history, probaly since the American Civil War)

Needless to say, yes, there ARE shipping routes for the Red Side to/from various ports, and several for the UN forces from Japan to Korean Ports. The ports themsleves, of course, are all dressed up.

Both Koreas had very small naval forces at the time; mostly MTBs of some sort, SK also had a dozen or so minesweepers (several of which 'missed a couple' at Wonsan and were sunk due to sea mines.)

The Chapeav-class CA would only be of use as eye candy sitting at Vladivostok Naval Base (which is NEUTRAL) and not considered functionally operational for this mod (remember KOREANWar -1950 to 1953. It's just a lucky thing that the original mod was designed withy 1950-2050 in mind. Lots of target areas have been scrapped to keep with the orignal KW time frame.)

Another thing you won't be seeing are the 3 regiments of PLAAF MiG-9s that were in the region as well; or forward deployed PLAAF and VVS Beagles - and yes, they WERE there just in case Mac decieded to go into China.

Not to worry, like I said, it's being handled by the 'best in the business'; there are some VERY interesting tricks pulled to make things work as they should, in regards to Theatre ROE

wrench

kevin stein