Sign in to follow this  
catch

Video: Escadrille Americaine

Okay while everyone's in a video mood I may as well post this here. It was originally posted at simhq last year and was the last decent "epic" I made. Some of you have already seen it no doubt but I thought I should spread the love for the newbies. I hope you chaps find it enjoyable.

Wonderfully made video, Catch !

I have yet to try the Ford Model T - that intro with the train and car arrival

was a very nice idea, and the choice of music makes it a joy to watch.

If only we had those Gothas in there already - would make me fly Entete side much more!

Edited by Olham

Always good to see more, classic story telling Catch nicely done.

How much fun was that to watch???... THIS MUCH

I'm amazed at the smoothness and high framerate of your videos. My only experience with FRAPS yielded a mere 8fps. What program do you use?

Thank you chaps. Glad you blokes enjoyed it. If you look closely as Kiffin Rockwell (our American volunteer and hero of the story) finally gets to his airfield there is a reference to "young Rogers" working on the Parasol with a glimpse of its wing upright in a hangar. And indeed Pol is working on the Parasol (yay). Spooky lol. I like throwing in pseudo Hitchcockian references sometimes for a bit of fun. Some people actually pick them up although they can be pretty obscure references.

Winston, I use fraps and windows movie maker only. I'm tempted to try some of the nifty editing s/w like Mike used recently which looks very effective. Win movie maker does have limitations. I set fraps to half-size and 25fps and it records pretty close to that mostly.

There is a trick though (more like a bug actually) where AA settings either in game or set via your card impacts fraps and frames are really bad like your 8fps. For instance if I set AA to 16 or 4, fraps bums out .... but on 8 AA it's fine. Try experimenting. Also keep AA in-game and AA on your card in sync if possible. 8 works for me well and kills the jaggies effectively.

Catch: I really enjoyed your "movie" ..excellent! Looks like you put a lot of work into it and we thank you! I like the way you were able to tie all the differnt parts you saved into a cohesive whole story line, it really worked smoothly. Salute.gif

Thanks for the good tips, Catch, and for making me appetite to record a bit again.

Edited by Olham