Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Boulton Paul Defiant

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10802

File Name: Boulton Paul Defiant

File Submitter: Veltro2k

File Submitted: 07 Apr 2010

File Category: Allied Fighters

The Boulton Paul Defiant was a British fighter aircraft and bomber interceptor used early in the Second World War. The Defiant was designed and built by Boulton Paul Aircraft as a "turret fighter" and served with the Royal Air Force (RAF). Contemporary with the Royal Navy's Blackburn Roc, the concept of a turret fighter was somewhat similar to the First World War-era Bristol Fighter. In practice, the Defiant was found to be vulnerable to the Luftwaffe's more agile, single-seat Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighters; crucially, the Defiant did not have any forward-firing guns.

It was later used successfully in the night fighter role, before it was phased out of combat service in favour of the Bristol Beaufighter and de Havilland Mosquito. The Defiant finally found use in gunnery training, target towing, ECM and air-sea rescue. Among RAF pilots, it had the nickname "Daffy", probably a dimunitive of the word "Defiant".

Screens: The Wrench

Cockpit:Kesselbrut

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

Click here to download this file

Excellent, thanks very much for this one, cheers :good:

Thank you one of my favorites clapping.gif

Was wondering How it was handeling for you guys ? Without the october Patch it Flys Great..also anyone shoot something down with it ? i keep on getting blasted out of the sky :lol:

I havn't ried it yet,I uninstalled my only SF level one install and hav't got around to redoing it yet.If no one else gives you any feedback I'll test it out over the week end.