Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Keep this Cat away!

This reminds me of a story I read once about a cat in Germany at a USAF base. The cat always showed up at the end of the runway whenever something bad was happening with a plane. One of the times a plane had a main gear stuck up, and the rest would not come back up for a belly landing, very dangerous in an f-84. the cat was there and the plane landed safely on two wheels. The cat kind of became a good luck charm.

At some point, years down the road, someone tried to catch it. When they got up to it, it turned and scratched this person and ran away, never to be seen again. He said that the cat was all f'd up lookin, like it had been hit by lightning or something, half of it's face was all jacked. A very strange story.

~Stingray

But at times the strangest things are true...

I take it your not a cat person then Widow old Chap ???

Edited by Slartibartfast

Well, I am more of a Dog person, but have a Cat too..and have often kept them in the past..so yeah..I like cats :drinks:

Almost speaks for some sort of ESP or 6th sense being real, it happens with earthquakes and tsunamis frequently.

This reminds me of a story I read once about a cat in Germany at a USAF base. The cat always showed up at the end of the runway whenever something bad was happening with a plane. One of the times a plane had a main gear stuck up, and the rest would not come back up for a belly landing, very dangerous in an f-84. the cat was there and the plane landed safely on two wheels. The cat kind of became a good luck charm.

At some point, years down the road, someone tried to catch it. When they got up to it, it turned and scratched this person and ran away, never to be seen again. He said that the cat was all f'd up lookin, like it had been hit by lightning or something, half of it's face was all jacked. A very strange story.

~Stingray

Yeah..there is something inherantly creepy about Cats...even though I like them...I can't trust them!

How dare you speak ill of your masters! :salute:

This is the cat that inspired an episode in the "House" TV series, if I'm not mistaken.

Confirmed, sir. I've just seen yesterday the episode of Dr House (#18/5) where this well-known philanthropist faces such a mystery cat. First hypothesis: the cat can smell kidneys or liver deficiencies, or his visual spectrum entitles him to see colors the human beings can't. But that doesn't explain why the cat stays close to those who are going to die. Solution: the cat is searching for heat, so he stays close to people with hot fever, or those who are given a warming blanket (in both cases, often people on the edge of dying).