Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Skin issues in SF2:E

Hey folks maybe this was covered in the SF2 KB, but I couldn't find it there. I'm running the June '09 version of SF2E.

I copied the A-10A_78 folder, pasted it, and then renamed it A-10C. I then renamed the main .ini file inside to A-10C.ini and changed the display name to A-10C. I also customized the data.ini and loadout.ini files.

When I go in game, I can select the aircraft, load it out per my changes, and fly it. However, no skins are showing (the whole plane is white/grey). I extracted the skin folders from the .cat file and placed them in there, but I still got the same issues.

Is there something I'm missing? (obviously there is... that was a dumb question) How about... what am I missing?

extract the relevant skin bmps and tgas

create NEW skin subfolder for you A-10C (name however you like)

Edit textureset.ini to match squadron, names or whathaveyou

drop skin bmps/tgas into NEW skin folder

copy/paste decals ini from original skin into new skin folder. Rename/edit pathways to match new aircraft folder name.

open main ini (A-10C.ini), remove ALL callouts for any skins.

save, close, test in-game. Skin should now appear

had to go through this when I created a PLAFF IL-28. For some reason (iirc, TOS did the same) you MUST have the relevant skin bits IN the aircraft folder, as it now looking for a new aircraft that the GameEngine ™ wasn't designed for, even when using stock aircraft LODs

Odd, however, that cockpit and avionics will work just fine, but as they'll be caling 'stock items' from the cats...

wrench

kevin stein