Sign in to follow this  
Derk

Beer....

Beer being a regular item in this forum, the following news might be interesting: at the Carlsberg breweries in Denmark workers went on strike because they were no longer allowed to drink beer all through the day. At many places in the factory there were refrigerators where the employees could have free beer all day long.

The management has now decided that drinking beer is only allowed during the breakes a couple of times during the day... Maybe Henrik could confirm this hot news ??

Conclusion: 1) WHAT a good reason to go on strike and 2) I have been working in the wrong places all my life.....drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Hou doe

Derk

Edited by Derk

In Portugal, Beer pays taxes like other booze over their alcohol content. Recently, companies have reduced the alcohol content of beer so that they won't have to pay so much in taxes, but the end consumer price of beer has remained the same.

Conclusion: You'll have to drink more to get the same "hit" you got before... more cash for the beer-selling companies!

I haven't seen or heard anything on this in the danish news. So I can't confirm it :blink: But it could be plausible. Brewers along with shipyard workers are some of the most frequent on strike. Or at least it used to be that way. Then it's lucky I don't drink Carlsberg or Tuborg ( same brewery) My usual brand is Slots Classic from Maribo Bryghus :good: Good Beer :drinks:

Next time in the UK I'll give it a try . As a Monty Python / Holy Grail fan I guess it's compulsory....drinks.gif

And for Henrik: it was in our Teletext news....

Hou doe,

Derk

Wonder if it this smells like a news blackout here to avoid panic in Copenhagen :rofl:

until a while back, workers at the coors brewery in golden colorado were allowed to drink beer at lunch, until some meathead wrecked a company truck, and in trying to be politically correct, the management banned the practice,

until a while back, workers at the coors brewery in golden colorado were allowed to drink beer at lunch, until some meathead wrecked a company truck, and in trying to be politically correct, the management banned the practice,

Thank god for that then. Coors sucks. :lol:

Thank god for that then. Coors sucks. lol.gif

i'd rather drink water. oh waaaaaaait...