Sign in to follow this  
Jimbib

Osprey down in Afghanistan

Condolences to the families, and a salute to those that were lost.

Is there any way to find out who the victims are? One of ours just deployed to A-Stan in Ospreys.

Is there any way to find out who the victims are? One of ours just deployed to A-Stan in Ospreys.

The whole thing is in black out status. I am still beating the bushes trying to get info Rugg.

Someone got the info out. The news story said 3 servicemen and 1 civilian killed. The Osprey was carrying troops and many were injured. Striker (my friend) was injured. He was sent to Germany for surgery and he's survived that. I'll keep everyone posted. For those of you who don't know who Striker is, he was one of the Virtual Thunderbirds. I'm sure you've seen some of the videos.

Striker my brother, godspeed. I love you and hope you heal fast.

If Soviet experience is to be trusted low-level flight in Afghan is hell.

Any word on what got the bird?

If Soviet experience is to be trusted low-level flight in Afghan is hell.

Any word on what got the bird?

Most likely an RPG or a manpad.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Got well Striker, looking forward to talking to you again.

Got well Striker, looking forward to talking to you again.

Cali

If I get any info from the Kirkland CP I will give Rugg a call and have in inform you guys.

Cali

If I get any info from the Kirkland CP I will give Rugg a call and have in inform you guys.

The only thing I'm getting is some news from his facebook page and family posting. Rugg knows what's going on, people have been updating our forums.

Dave, thanks for making the calls to help us out with info. I'd like to know what caused the a/c to go down. If it was shot down that's one thing, but if it's (another) problem with the Osprey then I don't feel so good. Panther hooked us up with Striker's email addy, she's been great with keeping us informed of what's been going on.

Striker had two rounds of surgery in Germany and now he's been airlifted to Walter Reed. He's had more surgery including some to his arm. He's going to live. One of our squaddies flies Airbuses for Delta and he's working buddy passes. We intend to visit him once rehab starts. We figure our ugly mugs will put a smile on his face when the really hard stuff starts.

Sheila said she wold drop by when she is in DC next if the class schedule allows too.

Just got off the phone with Sheila. Your wife is awesome Dave! Got a sitrep and she's gonna go back Friday as well. I can't tell you how much this means to me, my squadron and all of Striker's friends.

Edited by Ruggbutt

You are welcome. She was shocked how bad of condition he is on though. Its going to be a long road for him but with good support he will pull through.

She was shocked how bad of condition he is on though.

That threw me off a bit, cuz she's a tough lady. Got me a bit teary eyed. But at least he's alive and his prognosis is good.