Sign in to follow this  
Bard

Rammsteins Posts

at the risk of getting spanked for referring to something in a locked thread...

seriously - what rammstein said about ED and UBI OWING us a product that works is spot on. We've already PAID for a working product and we have yet to receive it - what is so hard to understand about that?

all this other stuff that has started BECAUSE patching to 1.02 is taking so long is fluff. It changes not a thing that we still don't have a working product.

I too fear that we're going to end up with something that is going to have bugs left over that will cripple certain aspects - i hope we don't, but when i see stuff like the cascading effect of fixing score displays i can't help but wonder what kind of state the code is in and whether there's stuff being broken that isn't being noticed. I can't expect UBI or the betatesters to go and retest EVERYTHING after each patch. With each passing day i feel more and more pity for the beta testers who are testing this frankensteins monster without getting paid to do so.

The problem isn't rammstein, nor criticisms (no matter how oft repeated), the problem would be those who can't read his posts or those of others without getting undies in a twist and becoming insulting. So far there's been very little undie twisting in these forums.

Cheers.

Whati have to say and is meant in a general way and isn't pointed at anything you say in particular Bard

It is fine to have strong oppinions on a subject. Its a question of how you voice them and wether you participate in a constructive debate where you listen to the counterparts arguments or you just blow your own horn louder and louder.

Please feel free to go on discussing all things Lomac but show respect - also for people that you dissagree with.

Please continue this discussion in the relevant threads or start new topics. I will close this thread as Ramsteins person or our moderation of these forums here should in no way be the focus of these discussions.

please carry on and get back on track all :)

The problem isn't rammstein, nor criticisms (no matter how oft repeated), the problem would be those who can't read his posts or those of others without getting undies in a twist and becoming insulting. So far there's been very little undie twisting in these forums.

I thought I would post my thoughts about this to give everyone a clear understanding of what I expect of everyone participating on these forums.

First off, I support Fates and Ghostdog's choice to lock the threads. In Fates/Ramstein's case, the thread was fine up until Ramstein continued to argue the same points over and over without acknowledging that anyone else could have an opinion on the subject. He was on thin ice anyway after he came on and started insulting me and my opinions on the subject on his second post here at Biohaz. I gave him a friendly warning then and stated that he needed to be a little more constructive in his discussions. Unfortunately he continued down that same path, touting his own opinions while ridiculing anyone else who had a different opinion. Thus the time-out. After he's had some time to cool off he is welcome to rejoin the discussion, as long as he can do it in a friendly and mature manner. It's just not smart to ignore a warning from the site owner... :rolleyes:

I've stated this I don't know how many times, but I'll say it again. Everyone is welcome to express their opinions here at Biohaz AS LONG AS it is done in a mature and constructive manner. I think we've proven time and again that Biohaz is a place where you can feel free to express your opinions/concerns/problems with any sim out there without fear of banning or the usual fanboy behavior found elsewhere. The question is not if you love a sim or not, the question is can you have a adult conversation on the pros and cons of a subject without it becoming abusive or repetitive, or leading to personal attacks on others, belittling their opinions, or just beating an issue to death. You can get that kind of discussion just about anywhere, and that's one thing I strive to stay away from here at Biohaz.

In the case of this thread, it's a matter of questioning a moderator's decision on a subject, which is also not a real smart thing to do. Ghostdog explained his motives, which is quite frankly more than I would have done in the situation. B)

Sometimes you gotta just agree to disagree. In Ramstein's case, he can't seem to do that. As I stated, he is welcome to return after a week or two in the corner with no hard feelings from me. In the same token, the rest of you are welcome to continue the discussion in the Beta 22 thread as Fates already stated. As long as the discussion stays mature you guys can discuss this issue all you want. Let's just not beat the equine carcass over and over again, it gets tiresome after awhile. :lol:

Now, let's get back to the discussion!