Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

wov in win 7 troubles

I been running win 7 for a while now, and at first, wov ran just fine, now it seems it crashes right off the bat with a directdraw failure, Ive reinstalled the sim, along with directx to no avail. Dxdiag reports there are no problems, which is strange, Also, woi runs fine and hasnt crapped out on me so far. Anyone have an idea whats going on?

Thanks

When you install it do you patch it fully first then try to run it? What are your system specs?

Yes make sure you are patched to the latest version Oct 2008 I think

Dont install it in program files or program files x86

Right click on icon and tick the run as administrator box and set the compatibility mode to Win XP - see if that improves anything.

sempron 1.8 gig, 1024 RAM, gforce 6200,,already did the run as admin thing, patched to latest version.

Someone who likes torture?? - Win 7 64 aint that brisk on an i7 quad core 3.5Ghz with 6GB of RAM - ever considered Win XP :)

If you have installed it as above - what Direct X pack did you reinstall exactly - the one given in the patch read mes?

Do you change the advanced settings for wov in the Nvidia advanced settings - could something there be the issue?

Other than that it could be maybe something in the registry - interestingly I haven't fully installed any of the first gen games on here - they are just copies of the game folder from my last PC - thats First Eagles 2008, ODS(WOE 2008), YAP1 & 2 (WOV 2006)

Have you got a backed up copy of the wov folder you could just stick on and try??

STATUS REPORT: reinstalled sim after deletion to D:/wov06, patched with patch 1, 14 minute dogfight, no problems. go figure