Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

Help to get started modding

Hi guys,

I am new to this game and so far just have Strike fighters 2 Israel. I have managed to add a few extra aircraft so far but I want to be able to change the dates my stock F-16 and F-15 will work. Eg the latest date is the 1980's but I want them to fly up to 2010. Also I want them to be able to use the AIM-120 and JDAM bombs (which I have from my F-15E/I add on) at the correct later dates. My question is; can someone direct me to the right forum topics to learn how to do this please?

I am aware I need the CatPack Archiving Utility and the weapons editor.

I am using windows Vista

Thanks,

Dan.

That ain't hard...

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/12103-basic-ini-editing-mission-data/

you'll need Gerwin's Cat Unpacker (since you're using SF2:I), extract the data ini for the aircraft in question (no, sorry, I don't know which cat they're in...), drop them INTO the aircrafts in question MAIN folder, and edit away.

You may also want to extend the Game's Operational years; you'll find that info ALL OVER the KB, and I posted it damn near everywhere I could think of.

wrench

kevin stein

ooopys edit:

in NextGEn series, there's an "AllowedDates" statement in EACH terrain's main ini (ie: IsrealME.ini) You'll have to extract it --which is a bitch, as you'll get stuck with ALL 80gazillion other files you don't need (but can easliy just toss out)

keep the inis (data, targets, types), and you may have to create a /Terrains/IsrealME subfolder in your mods folder (up in the SavedGames/---/ThirdWire/SF2I) and drop the ini in there. For Isreal, you'e statements would be something like this:

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=11/1/1947

EndDate=4/5/2057

the end date is kind of a joke -- my 100th birthday. Can't remember the exact date for the formation of the State of Isreal, but I know the Partition went into effect in November, 47, with the War for Independence starting in May,48

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

That ain't hard...

http://forum.combata...g-mission-data/

you'll need Gerwin's Cat Unpacker (since you're using SF2:I), extract the data ini for the aircraft in question (no, sorry, I don't know which cat they're in...), drop them INTO the aircrafts in question MAIN folder, and edit away.

You may also want to extend the Game's Operational years; you'll find that info ALL OVER the KB, and I posted it damn near everywhere I could think of.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the help!

Just so I have got it right:

1. I edit the stock F-16 and F-15 individual data ini files to make sure they are operational up to the time I am going to change the games spread of years to in the step below.

2. I edit the options ini and singlemission ini to change the actual spread of years of the game and increase it up to today (2010)

3. I need to follow these instructions http://forum.combata...eapon-stations/ to edit the weapon pylons on my stock F-15 and F-16 to carry the AIM-120 and JDAM.

However I am unsure were I find the ini file above that I need to edit?

Thanks heaps for the help!

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

You have to extract them from the CAT files, which one? I don't know offhand. Then in the Objects/Aircraft directory, create a similar folder, place your modded ini's in there, and therefore the game will use those instead of the default ones.

Edited by EricJ

ooopys edit:

in NextGEn series, there's an "AllowedDates" statement in EACH terrain's main ini (ie: IsrealME.ini) You'll have to extract it --which is a bitch, as you'll get stuck with ALL 80gazillion other files you don't need (but can easliy just toss out)

keep the inis (data, targets, types), and you may have to create a /Terrains/IsrealME subfolder in your mods folder (up in the SavedGames/---/ThirdWire/SF2I) and drop the ini in there. For Isreal, you'e statements would be something like this:

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=11/1/1947

EndDate=4/5/2057

the end date is kind of a joke -- my 100th birthday. Can't remember the exact date for the formation of the State of Isreal, but I know the Partition went into effect in November, 47, with the War for Independence starting in May,48

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for that, I had no idea (about the formation dates of Israel, or the terrain dates). :)

What happens if you exceed the terrain's date?

I only have SF2:V, but have downloaded and installed several modern aircraft. I have had dogfights over North Vietnam against opponents, generate by the application with a stated date as recent as 2007. In those situations it seems to like to put Su-27s as the opponent. Looking at the ini file for that terrain just now I see that it went from '64 to only '75.

Edited by UnknownPilot

Thanks for the help guys, after having a bit of a play last night and figuring out all changes had to go in the SF2I folder in the saved games part of Vista I managed to do what I said I wanted to do in my first post. :) I am actuly suprised how easy it is to change aspects of this game such as what weapons aircraft an carry etc.

Dan.

....and the FUN is just beginning!!! (insert Evil Laugh --> HERE <--- )

wrench

kevin stein