Sign in to follow this  
macelena

German merchant ship rescued from pirates by Dutch Navy.

http://www.presstv.i...ionid=351020501

When the merchant radioed for help, tha Tromp told them to sabotage the engines and to get enclosed in a tight compartment. Then, when the frigate arrived and the pirates were all over the deck and bridge, machine guned the whole vessel, and assaulted her by RHIBs and Linx-borne fast rope

:dntknw:

So is this a pro-gay in the military post, an anti-gay in the military post, a "way to go UN taskforce" post, a "you're all p***ies in the merchant navy" post, or what?

Is it possible to let that ridiculous and offensive gay thing rest?? Annoys the hell out of me... I already hated

it when some redneck general (ret.) was uttering this sh*t...

Edited by Muesli
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

:good:I'm right there with you Muesli. Straight, gay, lesbian, bi, man, woman... when it comes to defending one's nation I think we're all needed. Patriotism is not influenced by sexual orientation. That's why I missed the point of Macelena's post.

I don't know what they've been putting in the water today, but stop with the political provocations (in titles or in the threads) or folks are going to start taking vacations from the website.

The thread title has been edited to reflect the proper subject.

FC

Sorry, i just meant that talking trash like when the Srebrenica massacre was brought again was not the way to treat a nation wich contributes to the international efforts with such a commitment provided their size. By no way i meant anything about gays or any political views about it, just to acclaim the guts of the Dutch.

Now see, that makes much more sense. Anyway, good job by the Dutch Navy!

FC

Thanks for the clarification! point taken, no problem!

Good job, Tromp. I've never heard before of this glaucous tale of gays, but if all gay military were so efficient, I'd like to have all of our own military as gay as the Spartans!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Well, it's nice for sure to have some positive reactions after quite a few insults (including a downright very dirty one in a thread that was withdrawn - thank you for that Dave, a wise decision-)

Thanks everyone !!good.gif

Funny thing is that the Tromp is a modern stealthy GW frigate full of electronics, Standard and Sea Sparrow missiles, Mk 46 torpedo's, 127mm OtoMelara and 30mm Goalkeeper AA gun, Lynx AS heli etc. and the work is done by just 4 .50 machine guns with the Lynx as a troop transporter...........blink.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Funny thing is that the Tromp is a modern stealthy GW frigate full of electronics, Standard and Sea Sparrow missiles, Mk 46 torpedo's, 127mm OtoMelara and 30mm Goalkeeper AA gun, Lynx AS heli etc. and the work is done by just 4 .50 machine guns with the Lynx as a troop transporter...........blink.gif

Indeed, the anti-piracy mission in Somalia requires of a different kind of ships, other than frigates. Something like the USCG cutters or the french "avisos", we have the concept being built as "Maritime Action Ships"

Ships big enough to endure in blue waters and use helos but simple, without advanced weapons, able instead to carry marines, a capable sickbay, room for the prisoners, etc. Basically, a simplified corvette is what is needed for Op Atalanta. Frigates and destroyers are way too expensive, and much of this expense comes from a firepower wich is unlikely to be needed.

With a couple of destroyers and an LHD like ship around, just in case, those cutters-corvettes would make the job even better

Edited by macelena