Sign in to follow this  
Hansa

HIGH RESOLUTION SKINS PACK

Hi, nice. is this for FE 2 or first generation?

It works with FE1 or FE2.

Many skins have been fixed (For example, Albatros D3OAW has been completely redone and Nieuport 17 now is "Silver").

For the people that downloaded the previous versions, please replace the old ones with those since most of the planes have been revised and many things have been fixed)

Nieuport 17 also have a set of French personal markings (French pilots used personal markings like the Germans)

Feel free to make any change to the skins.

People can use them as template to make more skins (I think the wood texture of the Albatros is very cool)

Thanks to Peter01 for his FMs, to Simbad for his skins and Strutter, to Tailspin for his help, Quack for his ace skins collection, etc...

And Stephen Honey for his Nieuport 11 !!!

P.S. Simbad you should upload the nice Zeppelin, P10ppy is missing and probably he never comes back.

Looks good, and tried to d/l them, but is it just me, or are none of those links working? Get a 404 error for all of them, can't find them here at CombatAce, either.

It's only one link and it's working. I have just checked it and it works:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntkdwzcnomt

And two more photorealistic skins that were not included in the pack:

Fokker D.VII OAW

http://combatace.com...okker-dvii-oaw/

and DFWC5

http://combatace.com...ontline-combat/

I will try to make some skins for the new planes, i'm going to look for resources and good pics of the planes

Edited by Hansa

Thanks Hansa, have just got the DFW and Fokker from CombatAce, but I'm still getting a 404 error from mediafire, regardless of how I try to open it; must be something on my system, or maybe their servers are up and down. Will see if I can get to the bottom of it, keen to get those skinpacks.

Thanks Hansa, have just got the DFW and Fokker from CombatAce, but I'm still getting a 404 error from mediafire, regardless of how I try to open it; must be something on my system, or maybe their servers are up and down. Will see if I can get to the bottom of it, keen to get those skinpacks.

PS the word online is that my ISP - Sky Broadband (UK) - is currently blocking Mediafire, so other Sky customers will be unable to access it either; not sure whether this is permanent or not.

that sucks.if the file wasn't so large I'd email it to you but my email can't handle it.

Appreciate the offer! The connection from here's still down; maybe Hansa will upload to CombatAce at some point, if this continues, for the benefit of affected UK fans.

I can't upload anything, i get this message:

"[#108111] ERROR:(ADD-PERMCA01B)

REASON CODE: User type is not permitted to add files. Guests please register an account to use this feature."

WTF???

I don't know why i get it.

I give my permission to upload the hi res pack to combatace, i did it for the community not for fame or anything. I'm just a gamer who likes to share things for a better gameplay experience.

Also, i give permission for modifications.

People can do anything they want to do with the skins.

Edited by Hansa

Thanks Hansa! Weird, you have to be registered to post here, yet the error message is implying you'e a guest when you try to upload.

Maybe you could upload it to CombatAce, Whitenight, as Hansa's cool with that? Would appreciate it, as no doubt would anyone else blighted by Sky's apparent blocking of Mediafire (must have happened recently, access was ok, just a week or so ago).

ok tried to upload it it seemed a bit weird so if it's not uploaded right let me know and I'll get it up again.

Thank you, much appreciated! It's not showing up yet (looked in the 'newest files' section on the CombatAce home page, also in the 'FE skins' section at downloads here) but perhaps it takes a while to appear as an active download.

sometimes it takes a while but as I said it didn't seem "right" while loading. they changed everything since the last time uploaded something. if it's not up in a few hours I'll give it another go.

Cheers! I'm off to Spain for a few days from tomorrow so if I'm not back in touch for a bit, it'll be because the hotel wi-fi ain't working or the laptop's melted, not because I'm ungrateful :grin:

And welcome to Spain! :drinks:

I can't upload anything, i get this message:

"[#108111] ERROR:(ADD-PERMCA01B)

REASON CODE: User type is not permitted to add files. Guests please register an account to use this feature."

WTF???

I don't know why i get it.

Excellent skins!

The first few times I tried to upload something, I forgot to choose a category on the left side of the screen and I got the same message.

Stephen1918

Thanks for the help Whiteknight, got the D/L as I was waiting for the taxi to the airport and am now on the hotel wi-fi. And gracias, Ojcar for the welcome to Espana (and for your FM work!). It must be nearly 30 degrees here in Benidorm; taking a holiday can be tough work but somebody has to do it! Will be looking forward to getting back into the virtual skies with all the latest First Eagles goodies when I get back; something to look forward to.