Sign in to follow this  
czingerx

SF2 Vietnam Main Menu Music

Guest rscsjsuso5

yes you can , remember for wov of series 1 the main menu sound goes into the menu folder or its in the menudata.cat and needs extract if needed . for your music file make sure you right click on it and check the properties after you recorded from ytube to make sure the sim takes the files and so no ctd. make sure you compare old main menu sound property with the new one to make sure it is match or close enough.

as far as for the main menu sound i switch around the wov with woi and works great

Edited by rscsjsuso5

Neat idea, and it's cool that it can be done.

There is one problem though. I don't often spend too long on the main menu (or any of the menus for that matter). So using a full song like those will end up resulting in you hearing just brief snippets of the beginning over and over and over and over and over again.

It's better to have something instrumental, and even more-so to have it be a loop of some sort, that way it doesn't matter which part of it you hear. But maybe that's just me. smile2.gif (I tend to get songs stuck in my head really easily, and when it's a brief snippet of a song, it drives me nuts, real fast lol)

Don't forget The Airplane @:

CL

Awesome. These tunes really get me in the mood to unload on some VC.

A good one would be Star spangled banner or a little from Machine-gun, both by the one and only Jimi Hendrix, or Rescue me, by Fontella Bass, or I'm your captain, by Grand Funk Railroad, or.......etc

So many great music in 60's and early 70's!

Edited by ojcar

I just rolled in with 2 SPADs with Nape, Zunis, and 20 mike mike listening to "somebody to love" by jefferson airplane. And fanged the gommers big time. It would not have been right listening to my favorite "modern tunes"

:drinks: CL

• Like 1