Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

What's with the E3's?

Maybe I have had a Brain Burp or something?

Last two QC's..I have been a German Aircraft (Pfaltz or DVII) with two wingmen, against Four Allied aircraft.

Both times, four Fokker E3's have appeared from nowhere, and joined in the Fight

What is going on???

The high command thinks you're in need of help and sends their best planes to support you? :grin:

But yeah, that's definitely strange. Never happened to me, or at least I haven't noticed any extra aircraft in addition to the ones I choose from the QC menu. :blink:

CFS3 QC? or maybe you have some edited aircraft files?

Hi Pol...Not sure about edited files...I played around with A Pfaltz Air file a while ago.

Not CFS3QC....just standard (I think)

Will get more details, and let you know...thanks m8

I created a test pilot and assigned him to Jasta 1 in 1915 - as time advances eventually to the Armistice - and I just use this guy, "Testy von Tester" to run practice sessions in QC.

Anyhew, if you fly over an airfield you will notice E3's parked next to the hangers - 'cause it's 1915.

Seems to make sense that if you're using CFS3 spawning w/ an early war pilot then they will be flying E3's

- OR -

...the Ghosts of Boelke and Immelmann are stalking you !!!

(hat tip to Duce) :grin:

I created a test pilot and assigned him to Jasta 1 in 1915 - as time advances eventually to the Armistice - and I just use this guy, "Testy von Tester" to run practice sessions in QC.

Anyhew, if you fly over an airfield you will notice E3's parked next to the hangers - 'cause it's 1915.

Seems to make sense that if you're using CFS3 spawning w/ an early war pilot then they will be flying E3's

- OR -

...the Ghosts of Boelke and Immelmann are stalking you !!!

(hat tip to Duce) :grin:

Ah yes!...that would certainly make sense! :good:

and spawning is disabled in OFF by default - so likely you are in the old CFS3 QC, or a modified EIII is flying.

Check Workshop settings "Aircraft Spawn Control".

Ok...this just got even 'weirder'

Checked in Workshop...and spawn is set to 'Campaign'....never checked if that's default or not?

Went back....hit QC (not CFS3QC).....grabbed an Albatross...against SE5a's....date Winter 1918....and this E3 pops up!...I dont think I have ever modded an E3....certainly dont recognise this bugger as in my list!....I believe there are 25 EIII skins in the skins folder?...have checked them all....none look like this!...have never skinned, or knowingly downloaded an EIII skin....am getting quite freaked about it now

The Alb is one of my custom skins btw...just so you know

TO BE HONEST THAT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF MY OTTOMAN EMPIRE E3'S? ANYCHANCE YOU DLED IT AND COMEPLTY FORGOT THAT YOU DID ????

Ok...Found the offending article!...A Turkish EIII in my aircraft folder!!!

My son is gonna get his ass kicked tomorrow!!!!!!.....f*cking about with MY OFF!!!!!

Thanks guys...mystery solved!....or maybe I did Stump...and like you say...forgot all about it...though it doesn't explain the spawning

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Aircraft have a marker in the config file that allows spawn or not - that one obviously does. All the above goes against the policy of not giving support to 3rd party addons but hey at least you found it ;)