Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

f-8 early question plaaf

Guest rscsjsuso5

easy question- i'm flying the f-8 early by erwin

i want to know - the plane/mod is a high poly mod and so is their a way to alter the model to have less poly and if not ,is their a way to compensate the mod by altering the game engines fps/frames .probably i miss something.

also is their a complete skin template for the aircraft, maybe i can alter it to make a low resolution to better fps.

thanks and enjoy your week

As far as I know, your best bet would be to lower your object detail settings in-game. The other options you mentioned would require too much of a rebuild, particularly the polycount/model issue.

Two things that might be worth a try. If the skins are High Res you can reduce their size using simple photo editors. Last time I checked the ThirdWire skin bitmaps are 512x512. Also, a long time ago I had a massive frame rate hit with one aircraft that had a lot of small decals on it that were being used at multiple lod levels. Here's an example of what to look for:

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-1.175,-0.014

Rotation=0.0

Scale=1.5

DecalMaxLOD=3...................For small decals it helps frame rates if you set this to 1.

Just a couple of ideas that may help a bit. Regards.

I made the J-8 and the 3dmax model is about 9000 polys without payload.

It`s my first addon so I didn`t make .LODs, and later Erwin repacked that without much modification ,and the 9000 poly standard remained.