Sign in to follow this  
groumf

Bug when an aircraft hit the ground

Hi Flyers !

I looked for my issue on this forum and I didn't find similar topics. Sorry beforehand if similar issue exists somewhere on combatace...

So here is my problem : when an aircraft is shot down, i can't see it hitting the ground : my pilot's point of view is automatically redirected in front of him. Moreover, as my own plane is highly damaged because of structural failure, collision etc, the mission systematically ends up. It's the same when I crash, or when I have a bad landig and in these cases, the plane seems to "seek in the ground"). This bug is not due to OS, video card, or graphic configs : it occured with different computers, with XP, Win 7, Nvidia and ATI, whatever are the settings in workshops. However, withs CFS3, I can see aircrafts hitting the ground in a yellow bursting. Some files must be corrupted or missing, but where and why ? Is it possible that my CFS3 or OFF DVD is defective ?

Hi Uncleal,

Thank you for your help.

Actually, the problem is not that I can't follow a target, the problem is that the damage effect made by the crash is "missing", as if the game could'nt run the explosion. In OFF videos on youtube, when a player follows (with or without track IR) the target he has just shot down, he can see it hitting the ground in a yellow bursting.

Besides the problem with my own plane when he's crashing or tearing up because of structural failure is not that the pilot is killed, the problem is that the game suddenly returns to menu before I see my own aircraft crashing on the ground. That's why I think it's a problem in damage model.

English is not my mother tongue and it's quite difficult for me to write in english :) , so I think the best way to explain my problem would be a video of this strange bug, caught with fraps and sent in attached file on this forum, or posted on youtube. I'll settle down to this task as soon as possible.

Cordially

Hi,

No need to post Youtube videos of "bugs". it doesn't help OFF to have that sort off thing posted :/

It's not a bug, there is no "flash" we deliberately removed it (it is in fact in an obscure effect it shouldn't be in in CFS3 anyway!). We replaced it with smoke and debris (and several alternative wreckage models that CFS3 does not have).

These aircraft are made of wood and canvas with a little fuel/oil tank they do not go "boom". Footage of real crashes of biplanes hitting the ground rarely go boom, they simply crumple and perhaps sometimes smoke, or fire some.

Pol.

The other video

Yes it's known - probably too many effects being called. Problem is if we remove some then of course less effects are seen normally in dogfights, so currently that;s how it is sometimes.

We are working on the next version now so we will look into more.

Hi,

Actually, when I say "bug", I don't mean a bug in the game but in my own installation. When I installed OFF, I didn't know what to check : "from CFS3 CD" or "from CF3 installation" and I wondered if it was or not the reason for the "bug", I wondered also if it could not be the video card or my CFS3 DVD.

My intention was not that people had a bad opinion of OFF (OFF is a really great sim and I have respect for developpers work, besides, I've just deleted my two videos from youtube), it's known that sometimes pictures are more eloquents than sentences, that's why I thought it was the best way to explain my issue so that someone told me what's wrong in my installation ; now, I'm reassured there's nothing wrong.

Long life to Over Flanders fields !

Cordially.