Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Find the Copperhead

One of the three species of poisenous snakes that are indigenous to the area I live in, is in this image. :yikes: Can you find it?

Copper.jpg

Hey, somebody's brown hose has escaped!

there you go, thank god we dont have poisenous snakes in my country

Very good. You saw enough of it in time to probably avoid a nasty bite....however, you've just pointed out its tail. This copperhead is staring up at the photographer...can you see its head? :cool:

It's going further right and up around the rock

It's going further right and up around the rock

Very good. I took my neighbor's son along on a fishing trip yesterday afternoon, and we encountered another fisherman who warned us that there was a "den" of copperheads in the rocks that we were fishing from....well, they turned out to be corn snakes....quite harmless, but easy to confuse with a copperhead

Corn_snake_pix_%231.jpg

That pic is so cute! :laugh:

Very good

Copperheads are vipers so I kinda feel close to them :grin: Oh, wiki says they're pit vipers which is even better. Can't go wrong with an extra IR sensor.

Very good. You saw enough of it in time to probably avoid a nasty bite....however, you've just pointed out its tail. This copperhead is staring up at the photographer...can you see its head? cool.gif

now I see the head, at least i saw enough not to get a nasty bite

I dont see no darn snake,,,,geez, the way I mess around in the bushes and stuff here, Ill probly be dead before too long,,,

The way I see it, "Snake Free Is The Way To Be!"

Watch better them cottenheads, er coppermouths

FacePalm.gif

Better watch them cottenheads and coppermouths too.

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes? :lol: I don't mind snakes one bit but I can not stand spiders. Eight legged bastards should all die!

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes? :lol: I don't mind snakes one bit but I can not stand spiders. Eight legged bastards should all die!

The big spiders I don't worry about its the small ones that are the nasty ones...

Don´t want to sound like a woman, but the size doesn´t matters! :grin:

Spiders are a definite NO-GO! I know they catch flies and bugs and i would thank them for that, but have they do that in MY HOUSE? BTW, even if i have ten spiders hanging around my rooms, i still have flies in summer!

about 3 weeks ago I woke up with a terrible pounding ear ache.I felt like my head was gonna explode.It felt like I had water in my ear so I used a Q-tip to try and cleadn it out.Every time I stuck the q-tip into my ear the pain increased.I started to think I had a wax build up or something so I poured a little warm water into my ear to losen up the wax and tried again...unfortunaly with the same results.Finaly out of deperation I grabed a pair of long nosed forcepts I used for my modeling work and put them into my ear in the hopes that I could grab what ever was in there.Unfortunaly I did and I removed a large black spider from my ear.It was dead but I don't know it it was already dead or if my trying to remove it killed it either way once I saw waht it was I dropped the damn thing and ran out of the room shrieking like a little girl.I've had and seen some horrible things in my life but that was one time I would have rather not seen what the hell I had seen.I wasn't a big spider hater up till then but now I'm a lot more wary of them.

HOLY... :blink: That´s a real hoorifying story! Hope i can sleep the next nights!

I used to sleep in a room full of common home spiders for a month... It was very refreshing to wake up at night and discover a few them crossing the sheets - when the larger ones are walking over you they tickle! Hard to sleep under that massage.

Yea they are good bug exterminators. Can't do ants though.

But one or two certain spiders you get rid of, and their egg...SAC lol.

I don't mind snakes one bit but I can not stand spiders. Eight legged bastards should all die!

Spiders provide a service to you. smile2.gif

I can't stand bugs. I'm not afraid of them, I just dislike them with a passion, and hate them near my house. Bugs, btw, have SIX legs. The only exception to that being the Preying Mantis. (and the centipede, millipede and silverfish)

Spiders, being arachnids, are NOT bugs. Rather, they EAT bugs. And that is reason enough to have them around. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they are just way cool too! cool.gif

Slarti, size matters not......, when it comes to spiders. The Brazillian Wanderer and Ozzy red-backed Funnel Web are not small, but are quite nasty. As is the Brown Recluse, about as dangerous as a Black Widow, but quite a bit larger. And then there are the tiny jumping spiders which are harmless.

"Harmless" to us.. ALL spiders are venomous. Each and every one of them. But most just won't bother us, or can't inject enough to make a difference.

Web-dwellers are essentially blind. They can't survive without their webs, and so they are among the safest (and best) to have around. Little jumping spiders are good too. Wolf spiders are on the fine line - they aren't particulaly deadly, nor ill tempered, however, they hunt via eye sight, running their prey down, which means they wander all overthe place. And THAT means you are likely to unintentionally pose a threat and cause them to freak and bite you. (given the choice, they will almost always run away - most snakes too)

I love getting big Orb Weavers and St Andrews Cross spiders at my place (always outside). The webs are really pretty and the spiders themselves are big enough to really get a good look at. I once had an orb weaver right outside my back door (the one I always use), it's web was bigger than my head. It's placement was such that the door didn't interfere with it, and I never had a risk of walking through it. It was really like a house decoration. Sadly, he didn't hang out long.

When I find particularly large spiders wandering around inside my house (and they are almost always Wolf spiders), I catch and release them outside. Just to prevent accidents. Though once I did see a Brown Recluse crawling over my mouse while I was typing a forum post.... that was interesting. lol Caught and released him too.

Just a few days ago I saw this bad boy hanging out just outside my house -

dhg1ky.jpg

Hard to really get a feel for scale, but this image is only SLIGHTLY larger than full scale. It didn't even flinch when I got right up on it with my cell phone, nor when it made the fake camera click sound. lol

Edited by UnknownPilot

Like Snakes...not too bad with Spiders....but please...someone!...What is the f******g point in WASPS!

Never trust ANYTHING that wears Black and Yellow Boxers!....KILL THEM ALL!

That's it! I'm tired of these mother f***en' spiders in this mother f***en' thread! :lol:

Still hates spiders! Always will. There is a nest of them in my shed and I am going out here in a few minutes to nuke their sorry asses before one bite one of my kids.