Hi all,

I put out a request a few months ago for an A-10 skin, but got no reply or takers. Thought I would try again.

The stock campaign for WOE has the MD ANG squadron on the list. I am from MD and used to watch these specially painted Hogs come over my house on final. I was wondering if someone could make a skin for me to properly represent the home squadron since the game saw fit to leave off our state flag that is supposed to be on the tail fins. Here's some picture links:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Holloman-2007/IMG_3535a.jpg

This is what the stock skins look like.

I am looking for these in gray and camo:

http://www.wolverhamptonaviationgroup.co.uk/images/tripp51gathering-a-10_78-0682.jpg

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/may/new-releases/2bob_a-10_decal.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24310206@N05/2755081984/

http://www.tankkiller.com/squadrons/104/MDANG.jpg

If someone could please hok me up that would be awsome. Thank you!!

~Stingray

Its basically the decals you need isnt it because both the skins are in WOE already

Yes, I suppose.

To be honest, I don't know crap about how this game really works, just guesses; I am an IL2 guy, but I love this game!! If it just needs decals then great, but I still need someone to do it for me because I am just not good enough on these computers to figure it out. Heck, I can't even figure out pilot skins lol.

~Stingray

Yes, I suppose.

To be honest, I don't know crap about how this game really works, just guesses; I am an IL2 guy, but I love this game!! If it just needs decals then great, but I still need someone to do it for me because I am just not good enough on these computers to figure it out. Heck, I can't even figure out pilot skins lol.

~Stingray

Sounds exactly like me sniveling for skins for IL2.

I got all but one too!

:drinks: CL

Pilot skins have REALLY good readmes in them ... I should know, I WROTE the first ones!!

If you haven't extracted the data.ini for the aircraft you wish to modify, do so. If already extracted, open up the **data.ini for your aircraft of choice. In the example below, we are using the F-100D -- Find the section marked crew, as below:

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName= *

Position=0.00,4.15,0.88

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=0.00,3.98,0.45

MinExtentPosition=-0.25,3.52,-0.30

MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,4.83, 1.09

CanopyNodeName=canopy_frame_rear_outer

* = left blank in this example

If your data ini does not have the line:

PilotModelName=

You =MUST= add it. Then, you can add the pilot figure of choice. Remember, it is case sensitive, so if it's "PILOTAF" you must use all capitals. If it's "PilotCH", you must use the upper and lower case lettering. Adding ".lod" is NOT required.

nothing to it

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

Thanks for the info. I have seen this instruction and am just too dang dumb to find the files I need to change. I will work on it again though, and see if I can finally figure it out.

As for the IL2 Skin, which one do you want and I will see what I can do.

Can anyone make decals for me for this plane please!!!!!

~Stingray

Well, depending on WHICH game (ie: 1st Gen or NextGen SFs), all the aircraft data ini reside on the Object.cat (for SF/Wo*) and in SEVERAL for SF2 (ObjectData001, ObjectData003, ObjectData009 etc).

The SF2 KB threads and unfortunately, I disremember exactly WHICH one, has a list of what can be found where. I've got some extracted, (for SF2), so if you need a particular aircraft, name it (excepting SF2:I as I don't have that yet), and I'll tell you (hopefully) where the data ini might be found.

wrench

kevin stein

might be able to - but cant guarantee they will actually go on the nacelles.

got any better pics?

If not on the nacelles that's fine, the main thing is of course the decals on the tail. I love my state flag!!!!

~Stingray

anything with more detail than those tiny pics would be useful - have had a look on the net but not much about - have you not taken any digital pics on base at an open day?

You can put decals ANYWHERE! You just need the mesh name.

Remember, SF2 lods are in Unicode, so you'll need a Unicode-capabale Hex Editor.

Extrat the A-10.lod, open it up , "search" or "Find" the word nacelle, and that should get you close.

Determining the x/z positions will be the fun part, BUT if it IS it's own mesh, you can start with 0.0,0.0 and move fore/aft up/down from there (as the decal position are not global, but per each mesh)

wrench

kevin stein

MiG Buster, I don't live there anymore, so I am unable to get the upclose pics until the next time I get home. That's provided that they are not deployed, which they are quite a bit.

http://www.av8rstuff.com/a10pg1.html

Here is a link to a patch website, it has an up close of the character that goes on the nacelles. The one I am seeing in the pictures is the Oriole, not the Warthog. I am not too interested in the Ravens name badge on the nose, but the squadron emblem on the nacelles and the state flag on the tail are the two I would love to have!!

~Stingray

Edited by Stingray72

a-10ANGGrey1.jpg

a-10ANGCamo1.jpg

um will upload them somewhere or just mail them over tommorow

• Like 1

Afganistan, stand by for incoming....

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWSOME MiG!!!!!!

How did you do it? Those are absolutely georgeous, and I am so happy to see them. Please tell me what I need to do to get them!!

~Rob

MigBuster,

I used my new and improved A-10 skins to beat the bejesus out of some tanks and such, also some AAA. I was a little ashamed to say that I did bang it up a lttle bit, but made it home safe and sound.

These skins are both simply AMAZING!! It's seems like such a small request maybe, but being from Maryland and living a few miles from the strip where these guys are home based it's a huge deal to me. Not too many of us from Maryland it seems lol.

I just wanted to say thank you very much to you Mig, and also to my pal Cliff who made a prelim skin, both of which I use now. You both are wonderful representatives of this community and have done a pretty special thing for me.

~Rob

• Like 1