Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

And now, for our feature presentation....

When Hollywood produced the Scooby Doo movie, that is when i knew they ran out of ideas. For the sake of the US i hope no one outside of the country watched this movie.

For the sake of the US i hope no one outside of the country watched this movie.

What? C'mon man, this movie is going to be great! I'm a big A-Team fan and have always wanted to see this show to become a movie.

For more info, follow the link at that page. At the end....

However, we’ll have to wait until June 11 to re-test the Mr. T Gold Indicator’s prowess. That’s when The A-Team movie comes out, directed by Joe Carnahan, perhaps best-known for helming 2006’s Smokin’ Aces, starring Ryan Reynolds.

As of this writing, gold closed the day at $1086 an ounce. Where will it be in June? If the Mr. T Gold Indicator continues its incredible power of prognostication, it should be trending higher.

There is a new twist not mentioned however. Do we measure the popularity of Mr. T by using the Classical Mr. T or Newbie Mr. T?

I'm going to guess that we should look at Classical Mr. T.

If the New Movie inspires people enough so we see Classical Mr. T in the media, gold has reached at least a local peak and will soon drop. If not, no matter how popular Newbie Mr. T may be, gold will continue higher. Gotta have faith in Classical Mr. T I suppose.

This is a movie based on a series that has a huge, devoted fanbase. As long as they stick to A-team tradition and don't try to "re-interpret" it or something, it'll be awesome. The more references they make to the TV series (the theme song, the van, the catchphrase, etc.), the better it will be.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

This is a movie based on a series that has a huge, devoted fanbase. As long as they stick to A-team tradition and don't try to "re-interpret" it or something, it'll be awesome. The more references they make to the TV series (the theme song, the van, the catchphrase, etc.), the better it will be.

"re-interpret" as in "turn the hero into the villain" you mean? I'm not sure fans of "Mission:Impossible" or "SWAT" liked that idea either (as SWAT fan I didn't like it at all). Anyway, I think they should keep the original timeline (Vietnam veterans in the middle/late 80's).

For the sake of the US i hope no one outside of the country watched this movie.

Well, i got that in mind and i won´t become an anti-yankee terrorist no matter how bad can it be. Unless Jessica Biel doesn´t appear a lot.

However, althought i think this cast is fine, i would have picked Bruce Willis as Hannibal, Greg Kinnear as Face, Ice Cube as Bad Attitude, and Woddy Harrelson as Murdock

Seriously, Liam Neeson as Hannibal?! What were they thinking!!! And - I pity the foo that tries to imitate the original B.A.!!! Some things are better left at their original interpreters and let be that way... Like Knight Rider... I mean FFS... No sequel has beat the original series yet... and no imitation has really had the same flair (the Dodge Viper series comes to mind)...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

It's NOT Mr T! The character was NEVER Mr T, that was the actor's name. The character was BA Baracus.

When they redid Star Trek, no one said "the new Shatner" or "the new Nimoy." It was Kirk and Spock.

I don't know, I grew up with the TV series and think the movie (while packed with awesome action sequences) should have been made back in the day featuring the original cast. This trend of remaking older movies and adapting TV series doesn't sit well with me. Never liked the new "Knight Rider" series, didn't even bother to go watch the new "Fame" (loathe the new main theme version - go Irene Cara and her powerful Soul/Pop/Rock original!) and I hope MacGyver will be left well alone. It's just not the same... The same times, the same feelings, the same gang, the same chemistry...

Not dissing the new cast but there's no beating the originals!

I don't know, I grew up with the TV series and think the movie (while packed with awesome action sequences) should have been made back in the day featuring the original cast. This trend of remaking older movies and adapting TV series doesn't sit well with me. Never liked the new "Knight Rider" series, didn't even bother to go watch the new "Fame" (loathe the new main theme version - go Irene Cara and her powerful Soul/Pop/Rock original!) and I hope MacGyver will be left well alone. It's just not the same... The same times, the same feelings, the same gang, the same chemistry...

Not dissing the new cast but there's no beating the originals!

Amen, CarlosemoG, amen!

You're right, JediMaster, my mistake... I'll edit the post. Still, Mr T is B.A. Barracus, no two ways about it! Just like Richard Dean Anderson will always be Mcguyver and David Hasselhoff always will be Michael Knight (although I bet he'd prefer to be more Mitch Buchanan :lol:)...

What? C'mon man, this movie is going to be great! I'm a big A-Team fan and have always wanted to see this show to become a movie.

I was a fan of the series too. But just last week i re-watched "The Hustler", "The Godfather", and "Glengarry Glen Ross". Throughout all three i was wondering what happened to the quality plots, scripts, and acting?

But god help you in Hollywood if you decide to actually have a script that requires real acting skills from the stars.

These days it tends to be the usual CGI, smash up, sophmoric, pablum that dominates.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

I don't see why people whine about remakes...they've been done again and again throughout cinematic history.

Hell, you can even make a reasonable argument that there are only a basic number of plots that exist and that every story is simply a retelling of one of those plots (the common number that gets thrown around is just seven).

Personally, I think the 'this is the only way to tell this story' is a bunch of crap. I can cite numerous examples where the remake was as good or superior to the original within the context of the time period. I can also cite just as many examples of remakes that weren't worth the oxygen consumed to make them.

What really bothers me are fans of a particular series/movie etc that get upset because their movie/series is getting a remake, doesn't matter that the original series wasn't exactly Shakespeare. Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek were prime examples of rabid fanboys getting up in arms because of the reboots...and were proven dead wrong when the remakes kicked ass. But the biggest annoyance is that they pass judgment even though the movie hasn't even been released yet...hell, it's not even complete yet!

Seriously, getting annoyed about an A-Team remake? Like the A-Team was nothing more than a live action cartoon. Over the top characters, big explosions, good looking women in distress, gunplay and fistfights. Sounds like perfect action flick fodder to me.

FC

SHUT UP FOOLS!!!!! All this jibba jabba about the new movie is going to make me have to put a hurt on you all! Don't make me break my friend......pain.....

:lol:

I don't see why people whine about remakes...they've been done again and again throughout cinematic history.

Personally, I think the 'this is the only way to tell this story' is a bunch of crap. I can cite numerous examples where the remake was as good or superior to the original within the context of the time period. I can also cite just as many examples of remakes that weren't worth the oxygen consumed to make them.

Well, telling the basic story in a different way is one thing (Río Bravo and El Dorado), but when you start messing with the characters too... well, that's different. Problem is: you don't want to make an A-team style movie? OK, then be honest and tell that story with other name and characters, otherwise people might think (and I'm not sure they'd be wrong) you are offering one thing and actually giving other.

There are one or two exceptions to Remakes. Teh Flintstones movie was one, and the Popeye movie with Robin Williams is still on of my faves.

It's NOT Mr T! The character was NEVER Mr T, that was the actor's name. The character was BA Baracus.

Oh.

Duh I guess you are right. Yea no wonder that article didn't mention any Newbie Mr. T. lol. Never saw the show, but it looks like it was kinda fun. This New Movie looks sincere, serious, even severe, but I don't have sound on my computer. I never watch TV except, about 8 years back, some Canadian and NZ sci-fi.

I met an actor a few years back and kids, helped her with something and she told me her name and I said "hey I'm phil and nice to meet you bye" so she had to explain who she was. That was the first time playing Strike Fighters the night before didn't help.

There are one or two exceptions to Remakes. Teh Flintstones movie was one, and the Popeye movie with Robin Williams is still on of my faves.

I met an actor a few years back and kids, helped her with something and she told me her name and I said "hey I'm phil and nice to meet you bye" so she had to explain who she was. That was the first time playing Strike Fighters the night before didn't help.

I've enjoyed Robin Williams as Popeye, but he doesn't seem to have cleaned up his facial make-up since.

How deep can some actors stay linked to their favourite character? On the other way, I've read that as an old man dedicating his book "Baa Baa Black Sheep", Greg "Pappy" Boyington once said to some women at a conference: "Do you recognize me? I'm Robert Conrad... in old!"

Like the A-Team was nothing more than a live action cartoon. Over the top characters, big explosions, good looking women in distress, gunplay and fistfights. Sounds like perfect action flick fodder to me.

FC

Actually, I think the most appealing factor of the A-Team was how they were always able to make something menacing out of whatever was around to win the fight in the end - kinda like McGuyver meets the Army or something like that...

I don't remember when George Peppard died, but that probably limited the chance of making an A Team movie with the original cast!

However, as has been mentioned, I don't think anyone really "loved" the original series like others such as Star Trek were. It was IMO not even as good as Knight Rider, and watching old reruns of that (or rather attempting to but being unable to actually sit thru it) has led me to believe it's not even as silly as I remember but far worse!

In short, this movie will likely go nowhere, but whether it adheres strictly to the source material or not likely will have zero bearing on it.

I don't remember when George Peppard died, but that probably limited the chance of making an A Team movie with the original cast!

However, as has been mentioned, I don't think anyone really "loved" the original series like others such as Star Trek were. It was IMO not even as good as Knight Rider, and watching old reruns of that (or rather attempting to but being unable to actually sit thru it) has led me to believe it's not even as silly as I remember but far worse!

In short, this movie will likely go nowhere, but whether it adheres strictly to the source material or not likely will have zero bearing on it.

That's the thing that will make this movie great! The show was never really serious about being serious, but in the end, it was a hell of an entertainment to watch... and to make a movie off of that is just pure awesomeness!