Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

The car...

I just realized that I had totally forgot to post pics of my new car. Well, here they are...

IMG008.jpg

IMG001.jpg

IMG003.jpg

IMG004.jpg

IMG005.jpg

IMG006.jpg

IMG007.jpg

Server in case you "forgot" you got a new car. :yikes:

Pretty cool.

I'm wanna a early 1990s F-150/250. Granted 1968 F-100 is the finest vehicle ever made though but I don't have a place now to work on one like it should be done.

That's some nice wheels!drinks.gif

Cool.....silver's a nice, subtle color.

I once made the mistake of opting for a red 'Vette. It was certainly not a "stealthy" shade, by any stretch of imagination. I often found myself the object of every cop's attention wherever I traveled.

VERY cool !!!!good.gif

Have fun,

Derk

Yeah... and I just got to experience the run-flats that go with it. Ran over a 1" bolt that is usually used on truck wheels and it punctured the left rear. The thing that sucks about run-flats, once you get a puncture, you have to replace the tire... there's no fixing it... and if the tread on both tires is kind of low, then you have to replace both tires. Total damage... $1,140.xx! Each tire cost $499.99. Dealership was going to charge me $1,280.xx. Just Tires was able to beat that offer. I know where my tax return is going this year.

Yea, modern sports car tires are NOT cheap by any stretch.

And I believe modern Vette tires are unique (ie different sizes front/rear and asymmetrical and rotation specific)?

FC

Now those $1140 gotta hurt

Oh, it gets better. After coming home from work in my... mom's car... I go to the garage to get the inflator pump to put some air into the tire since it is now completely flat. Well, after hooking it up to the tire, and begin pumping air, I noticed that the tire is not inflating. Dreading the worse, I look inside the rim and find that the bolt was apparently big enough to not only go through my tire, but also throug the rim as well. So now I have to go and buy a new Z06 rim, which from the dealer cost $837.00. Obviously, I'm not quite to happy to shell out all this money after buying this car. So I wise up and contact my insurance provider and they will be having an adjuster come out this Monday to take a look and give me an estimate to cover the damage. The downside of this is that my premium might go up. But it's a heck of a lot better than shelling out all that cash.

Get a truck. That's why I like trucks, well old trucks at least.

They eat bolts for breakfast. Parts are cheap. Look better than any lol "car" ...

Trucks - Bikes good, anything in between pffft...

Get a truck. That's why I like trucks, well old trucks at least.

They eat bolts for breakfast. Parts are cheap. Look better than any lol "car" ...

Trucks - Bikes good, anything in between pffft...

My next ride will be either a truck or a bike.

:good:

Trucks are safe too. Get a good 1980s to 1990s F-150 at least. Try to swing a 300 straight six or add it later. Best engine ever made.

Or older Chevy if you like.

It's also the tire design. I bet if I'd run over that bolt in my 4Runner it wouldn't have even dented the tire because I don't have a wide, flat tread. It would most likely have been kicked out instead.

Sports car tires seem to enjoy finding pointy things to puncture them.