Sign in to follow this  
Pips

Keep An Eye Out For This Book

I've been waiting years for this book to finally get published. Now at last Amazon have it down for May 2010. I've already pre-ordered.

http://www.amazon.ca/Captain-Roy-Brown-Definitive-Richthofen/dp/1883283566

Being based on his personal letter's finally we may gain an insight as to how Brown himself felt about downing Manfred von Richthofen and the resulting controversary. Although more interesting to me is that Brown, as a Flight Leader, never lost a man in combat! Now that's someone you'd want to serve with.

Edited by Pips

Wow that's some stat. How long was he in command? Mmm makes sense now why he chased MvR to hell and back to make sure it didn't happen to May. Nice man perhaps. Looks like a worthy book too.

Pips, I am really looking forward to this read myself.

Maybe reading this will show those still resistant that he didn't down MvR. I already know that, but I'm certainly interested in the 500 (!) photographs!

Why has it taken so long to publish his letters ?

Noooo not down the "oh yes he did" "oh no he didn't" route again ;)

I doubt he's gonna say well I was miles away and never fired though.

I'm sticking with the French gunman next to the wooden fence on the grassy knoll.

Although ineffectual--MvR didn't even break off his pursuit of May--one still admires Brown's ballsy power-dive attack. I'm looking forward to the book.