Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Royal Marines dissmised for striking a bomber...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8608204.stm

This disgusts me... okay he hit him thinking he was trying to escape... and gets dissmissed from the Marines whilst the bomber (Nothing alledged about it he was caught planting the thing) gets sent to the Afghani Police who then release him...

:angry: So the bomber is set loose and the marines get shafted... way to go...

That's messed up.

And seems to be par for the course anymore. Like our guys being accused of "torturing" terrorists when what was done was nothing more than school hazing. "Political Correcntess" will be the ruin of us all.

If we're not going to prosecute the war like you should then let's just pack up and go home. Seriously. I'm about fed up with political correctness on both sides of the pond.

What the f*** is the point?

I'm lost for words... the bastard was released, and were down two marines, plus however many more now die as a result of the future activities of the former prisoner...

Craig

Quite frankly it disgusts me that a Royal Marine with 18 years service, sent around the world in service to his country has been treated like this. His own account was covered in a newspaper in the UK and unsurprisingly the BBC chose to cover the story making it sound like a ritual beating. Sergeant Leader's own account explained how Mr Ekhlas put up a fight when he was discovered planting the IED with another man. The other man was shot trying to escape - Ekhlas did not come quietly. He was taken to a tent where a female MP took pictures of his injuries. She apparently cut off the plastic restraints so he could pray and then left the tent but left two Marines guarding him. When Sergeant Leader returned to the tent to check on progress he found the female MP had left and did not see the two guards past the flap of the tent so when he saw an unrestrained EkHlas he charged at him and grabbed the first thing to hand - the boot.

Ekhlas was found planting an IED, they should have left him face down in the sand with a bullet in the back of the head as far as I'm concerned and nobody would have to worry about it. Instead they followed procedure, gave him his 'rights' and this is how they are repaid. They have lost friends to IED's out there but the corrupt police let him go without charge. Sadly it was the female MP who gave evidence against the two Marine's.

So, what else is new?..... We have had double standards in the UK, ever since the Bleeding hearts Labour Party came into power!...Roll on May, when we will finally see the Back of these prats!

So, what else is new?..... We have had double standards in the UK, ever since the Bleeding hearts Labour Party came into power!...Roll on May, when we will finally see the Back of these prats!

Sadly you are right but I fear too many people are too blind to the Labour party and they will get back in. Time to look at emigrating if that happens! Sadly the Labour party lied to everyone to take us to war but did not have the gumption to see it through with a strong will. Lions led by donkeys has never been more true while our troops die every week, their commanders call for more equipment while Whitehall pay their desk jockeys bonuses that are way in excess of a soldiers salary.

One thing that most people don't think about is: What is going to happen to the future prisoners that the Marines might capture?

IMHO,a bullet is a lot less hassle than a court martial.

The 'brass' were not thinking about the future.

The gal MP that testified against them might as well quit now.

No military personnel will ever trust her again.

I know it's not right,but it is a war and "political correctness" has no place in it. :angry2:

The enemy will just use it to exploit their brand of propaganda.

One thing that most people don't think about is: What is going to happen to the future prisoners that the Marines might capture?

IMHO,a bullet is a lot less hassle than a court martial.

The 'brass' were not thinking about the future.

The gal MP that testified against them might as well quit now.

No military personnel will ever trust her again.

I know it's not right,but it is a war and "political correctness" has no place in it. :angry2:

The enemy will just use it to exploit their brand of propaganda.

Yes it is a possibility that in future if soldiers see anyone trying to plant IED's there will just be a shoot out and no prisoner, thats not so much because of this courtmartial but because of the way the Afghan police let him go without charge. I still have faith in our soldiers to follow procedure though despite this farce. The personal side to this story is that Sergeant Leader has not only lost his job but his pension rights too. He has a family to support and so through a battle over political correctness he cannot do that, I can only imagine how bitter he feels after giving 18 years of his life to the service because just reading this story disgusts me.

if we conducted war like this sixty or so years ago I think most of us would be speaking german today.

I wish the Politicians would decide once and for all whether this is a 'War' or merely a Peace Keeping Exercise.

If it's a War...let it be total War...and get the Job done and dusted, instead of treading on eggshells, trying to not upset the Minorities!