Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Well folks, it's been over a year since I became a member of the OFF forums and commenced to inflict my odd sense of humor on you all, post my inane questions and comments, prattle on about things of interest only to myself, and generally contribute little of any consequence whatsoever to the community. It is time I said "Adieu", and I thank you for your tolerance in enduring yours truly. Fair winds, clear skies, and bright horizions everyone.

Cheers!

Lou

this seems abit abrupt. where are you going to, if you dont mind me asking?

Why leave? How does one depart from such a wonderful support forum for an equally wonderful simulation?dntknw.gif

"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Lou, you're one of the Forum Aces here

Hate to see you go, but if it must be, all the best M8!

Lou, you are just going to change your name, right? We need all those Minnesnowtans we can get. You're my squad leader, don't you remember? Salute.gif

I can understand it from my own experience but whether that pertains to RAFL's situation I don't know. Sometimes you just burnout either with or without personal real life issues contributing to the malaise. Been there done that. And I've seen the same happen to many people over the years who just "drop out". It's a natural course of life for things not to go smoothly at times and it's those times when you refocus on important life concerns and perhaps change direction completely. I wish RAFL the best. He will return when he's ready. If he doesn't, that's his choice, and is to be respected.

Well folks, it's been over a year since I became a member of the OFF forums and commenced to inflict my odd sense of humor on you all, post my inane questions and comments, prattle on about things of interest only to myself, and generally contribute little of any consequence whatsoever to the community. It is time I said "Adieu", and I thank you for your tolerance in enduring yours truly. Fair winds, clear skies, and bright horizions everyone.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, any reason why? You were never banned, questioned, asked to leave... nothing... in fact, I don't remember anyone ever having any issue with anything you've ever posted.

Sorry to see you go, please come back now and then and check in with the boys. And remember... P4 is out there, floating around. One never knows when it will come ashore. :good:

All the best to you.

OvS

@RAF_Louvert

Good Luck! I hope the rides come often. It's a long way across the galaxy.

Edited by 12oclockhigh

Lou,

Are you going fishing? Take me with you.

You will be missed.

morris

PS. don't give up trying to make OFF better.

Edited by Morris

Damn, we're going to miss you, Lou. The community will never feel the same without you. But we can't force you to stay here, now can we? :cool:

Good luck with everything. I hope this is not the last we hear from you. :bye:

Don't be a stranger Lou. Door's always open and it'll be good to see you drop in whenever you like.

It's a pleasure to hear from somebody who actually knows what they're talking about.

I understand completely how sometimes the time just feels right to move on. I left the CFS3 Sim Outhouse forum in the huff, and believe it or not I've never been back since.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance in any event. Salute.gif

Lou, this announcement feels to me, as if a long time friend suddenly tells me,

will move to Tibet, and that there won't be any connection, as there is not even

the internet. I will not describe in detail how it feels now...

If there are specific reasons, please send me a PM - I have been working very hard

during the whole last week and may have missed something?

If there aren't, and you just feel you want a total change, I respect that; I am a bit

like that too, sometimes.

Whenever you feel like coming back - maybe under another name? - don't hesitate.

I will recognise you, I believe.

For now, I say goodbye - with a 'non-military hug' to one of the forum members I always

cherished most. I will miss you.

Folks, I'm not going anywhere else, and I've never been able to be active in more than a single forum at any given time. There simply aren't enough hours in a day or days in a lifetime to do all that I want to get done. I will still fly OFF in my spare moments as it's the only sim that has my interest, but those moments are becoming few and far between.

Ras, I've had the same online name since 2004 and I would never change it Sir. As to poor old Chappy, I'm afraid he ended up spending the duration in a German POW camp east of Berlin.

uncleal, I did the Benedictine monk thing before, but the robes made me look chunky.

catch, not burned out Sir. I just have nothing of worth to contribute here and many other things that need tending to.

To those who note they will miss me it's nice of you to say, but in very little time I will be nothing more than an ever-so-minor blip on the outer edge of your TAC screens, and shortly after that will slip off the edge for good. Life's funny that way.

Flyby PC, I'm not leaving in a huff. I tried that once but it didn't handle well and had poor acceleration. Left in a snit once too, but they're not much better.

Olham, a big hug right back at you Sir. And I'm not moving to Tibet, (don't like earthquakes and the high altitude gives me nose bleeds). And, if I stop by sometime again in the future you'll be the first to know my friend.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lou

See ya, Lou. This place will be the quieter for your leaving.

Check back in sometime - you'll practically be the new guy by then, and you know what that means!

All the best,

Si

Thanks, Lou and good luck. If you are in the Detroit Lakes area, give me a call, the drinks or coffee will be on me. A PM with my phone number and email will be arriving in a PM if you would please look for it sometime. Best of luck

Oh Man!...The Skies will be a lot more Cloudy without you Lou!.....Thank you so much for all you have contributed on the Forums...and I really hope this is not goodbye...but merely 'back soon' :salute:

(Remember this?)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

No problem Lou, we'll leave out the smudge pots until you come back. :drinks:

All the best,

OvS

Folks, I'm not going anywhere else, and I've never been able to be active in more than a single forum at any given time. There simply aren't enough hours in a day or days in a lifetime to do all that I want to get done. I will still fly OFF in my spare moments as it's the only sim that has my interest, but those moments are becoming few and far between.

....snip........

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lou

OK, Lou, but you have to under stand that you are quite valuable here, you not only have a quite neat logo with a BHaH sign on the front and a funny text, but you also answer each one of us in turn, that's quite unusual and appreciated... hay guys, maybe if we keep saying things to him he won't leave! grin.gif

Any way, I understand and wish you the best, but do drop in from time to time, gives us all a reason to feel like we're a squad and it would be nice to hear from you.

All the best, bye.gif

To those who note they will miss me it's nice of you to say, but in very little time I will be nothing more than an ever-so-minor blip on the outer edge of your TAC screens, and shortly after that will slip off the edge for good. Life's funny that way.

No way m8. It's not as easy as you put it. This is a small community. Every single member is special and cannot be replaced.

At least this is the way I feel. I hope that you'll come back soon.

Good-bye until then.

Nice one, Widowmaker - you Crumpets can't really be as bad as everybody says. :grin: