Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

Farewell Huge, Power-Hunger SkreenShots in dot BMP!

Guest Raden

Hi all, and mostly to our good friend Wrench the guru, and whom he relpied to on the issu.

I refer to this: http://forum.combatace.com/topic/55017-how-to-get-screen-shots-video-from-woi/

And this is the FINAL answer to our BIG problem on how to start a new life where MINIMaLIZING costs on almost everything is the order of the day.

Enter HUGE dot bmp files in our PC/Laptops that we NOW can start getting rid off without sacrificing quality whatsoever.

Wait a second.......I shall comeback with the LINK. Promise, will be back, must save this post first, since when I move to an other on-line site this post will be gone. So, I shall be back in a second. 

Guest Raden

Hi all, and mostly to our good friend Wrench the guru, and whom he relpied to on the issu.

I refer to this: http://forum.combata...video-from-woi/

And this is the FINAL answer to our BIG problem on how to start a new life where MINIMaLIZING costs on almost everything is the order of the day.

Enter HUGE dot bmp files in our PC/Laptops that we NOW can start getting rid off without sacrificing quality whatsoever.

Wait a second.......I shall comeback with the LINK. Promise, will be back, must save this post first, since when I move to an other on-line site this post will be gone. So, I shall be back in a second. 

See? I RTB in less than two minutes, not really :grin: a second dudes

Here is the ULTIMATE tool, FREE, to REDUCE the huge amount of BMP files in our respective SCREENSHOTS of the game.

In my machine, the OLD version worked flawlessly! To my surprise, pleasantly, the whole BMP files had been converted directly to my WOE's Screenshots Folder in the Structure of WOE, to JPEG files with a MAXIMUM sixe of only 100kb something. Never reached the size of 200kb, with SAME good quality of texture.

So why the h-ll stick with the great TK's the default saving of ScreenShots in the HUGE HUGE dot bmp files??

Full Version, just checked it out in the Site (below) is USD32.00. I shall buy it later.

Here is the place for FREE DL. 

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

And enjoy everyone, Newbies like I am or our gurus here, like the good Wrench!

Regards and peace to all......

Raden.

Here ONE sample on how to make a DEFAULT (in TK game) 2500Kilobites (that's a greedy 2.5MB) to a nice, NEW Default SkrinShots that never reached- ] TWO HUNDRED Kilobytes.

Amazing yes?

[/b]

Guest Raden

See? I RTB in less than two minutes, not really  :grin:  a second dudes

Here is the ULTIMATE tool, FREE, to REDUCE the huge amount of BMP files in our respective SCREENSHOTS of the game.

In my machine, the OLD version worked flawlessly! To my surprise, pleasantly, the whole BMP files had been converted directly to my WOE's Screenshots Folder in the Structure of WOE, to JPEG files with a MAXIMUM sixe of only 100kb something. Never reached the size of 200kb, with SAME good quality of texture.

So why the h-ll stick with the great TK's the default saving of ScreenShots in the HUGE HUGE dot bmp files??

Full Version, just checked it out in the Site (below) is USD32.00. I shall buy it later.

Here is the place for FREE DL. 

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

And enjoy everyone, Newbies like I am or our gurus here, like the good Wrench!

Regards and peace to all......

Raden.

Here ONE sample on how to make a DEFAULT (in TK game) 2500Kilobites (that's a greedy 2.5MB) to a nice, NEW Default SkrinShots that never reached- ] TWO HUNDRED Kilobytes.

I just DELETED the DOUBLE Uploads of the Flanker TNI-AU, I shall be back with just ONE of it.

Amazing yes?

[/b]

TIPS for those who wanna use the latest FRAPS here.

1. Do read the something like Knowledge Base in the documentation in the DL.

2. Install it in C. I repeat, in Directory C instead of where ur game (mine is WOE) in D or E (mine is in E, the WOE).

3. STTING UP the KEY Command.

I assigned the letter K in the Keyboard for Screen shots.

And, J for Video capture.

Why those two J and K?

Because u'd better not use any other keys that have been used for the game.

For instance, G by default is for opening/retracting the planes' Landing wheels.

Z for activating/deactivating FLARES. C for Chaffs.

M for inflight map

N (for me) for "Warping" moving so fast 2x,4x to a max of 8x of the game speed, to reach my target ASAP/quickly.

By default, the game assign a combination of two keys, namely, pressing both at the very same time, the ALT+N. I simply shortened it to just N.  :grin:

Back to normal speed of warping, default is ALT+R. mine is a simple one stroke R.

A is for AutoPiloting. and so fort.

Suggestion:

U'd better not use the F1 to F12 keys in ur keyboard as they will INTERFERE with some important VIEWING in game.

Have fun with the FRAPS.

I just updated my Free one from 2.9 to version 3.2. as in the old one I encountered an issue, NO sound recorded tho formerly it worked well till I also DL-ing an other "sister" of fraps for video "tweaking" or scrapping/reduzing the size of the AVI format of the captured video of the game.

Hey, good news, it also ScreenShoted that pages where we could read AFTER every Mission, the Scores, the Resut of any MSN.

Also, in Loadout of Weapon we can skreeshot the page that displayed the LoadOut Screen, to check later in flight WHY a hard-point or pylon is EMPTY.

Cool. 

Edited by Raden

U'd better not use the F1 to F12 keys in ur keyboard as they will INTERFERE with some important VIEWING in game.

All the more reason to NOT use FRAPS. Those F keys are VITAL to game operation.

You can also use IrfanView for conversions, and it's free ... and has a LOT of features. Not as good a Photoshop or Gimp, but still good. AND it don't take away from ingame keystrokes

(BTW, one has ALWAYS had the ability to take screenies of the menus -- it's called the PrtScn key, top left/center on your keyboard. Hit that, then exit the game, open a 'blank' image -Open/New, and drop it from the computer's clipboard into Irfan/PS/Gimp .. Nothing to it)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Guest Raden

You can also use IrfanView, and it's free ... and has a LOT of features. Not as good a Photoshop or Gimp, but still good

wrench

kevin stein

Thank a lot my friend, Wrench. :good:

Guest Raden

Thank a lot my friend, Wrench.  :good:

Wrench, u said and I quote "All the more reason to NOT use FRAPS." 

I am determined to carry on using the FRAPS. Yet, I do agree with u to NEVER assign in it the ENTIRE F Keys as it will interfere with the VITAL function of viewing in games.

Oops! I forgot to upload my other ScreenShots of the Debriefing Session in WOE. Soon they will follow. Sorry

BTW, kindly have a look at the following taken using FRAPS. One of them showing the layout I would call it, of the Flanker's weapons. Wrench, I am still learning and making progress. I am STILL confuse regarding the ID Group in WEAPONS in jet_data.ini. Hence, my taking it with Fraps for evaluation. And, wow. I managed to "tweak" my Flanker Weapons now.

I purposedly DELETED (by commenting in data.ini) the InnerWing2 hardpoint, as I still cannot "merged" the ADD-ON Su-27 pylons by a modder here sometime back. The DL did not come with LOD files of the dot bmp NEW Pylons for the plane, so I cannot have it showing up. The modder somewhere in the DL said that due to diffrenet color of the wings of the Su-27TNI-AU in the DL section, the NEW Pylons of his (only in bmp format) will not appear in the Su-27TNI-AU, as they intended for an OTHER Su-27 with BLUE color (SOVIET).

Thanks anyway Wrence for ur useful inputs.  :bye:  

Edited by Raden

Guest Raden

Wrench, u said and I quote "All the more reason to NOT use FRAPS." 

I am determined to carry on using the FRAPS. Yet, I do agree with u to NEVER assign in it the ENTIRE F Keys as it will interfere with the VITAL function of viewing in games.

Oops! I forgot to upload my other ScreenShots of the Debriefing Session in WOE. Soon they will follow. Sorry

BTW, kindly have a look at the following taken using FRAPS. One of them showing the layout I would call it, of the Flanker's weapons. Wrench, I am still learning and making progress. I am STILL confuse regarding the ID Group in WEAPONS in jet_data.ini. Hence, my taking it with Fraps for evaluation. And, wow. I managed to "tweak" my Flanker Weapons now.

I purposedly DELETED (by commenting in data.ini) the InnerWing2 hardpoint, as I still cannot "merged" the ADD-ON Su-27 pylons by a modder here sometime back. The DL did not come with LOD files of the dot bmp NEW Pylons for the plane, so I cannot have it showing up. The modder somewhere in the DL said that due to different color of the wings of the Su-27TNI-AU in the DL section, the NEW Pylons of his (only in bmp format) will not appear in the Su-27TNI-AU, as they intended for an OTHER Su-27 with BLUE color (SOVIET).

Thanks anyway Wrence for ur useful inputs.  :bye:  

Wrench, these r the screen shots mentioned. Uh! Can only uplod one of three. Not allowed by Admin.

Guest Raden

Wrench, these r the screen shots mentioned. Uh! Can only uplod one of three. Not allowed by Admin.

The other two ScreenShots after deleting others in my Attachments somewhere else. Dunno WHY the second one IS NOT allowed for upload.