I just spent two days tring to stop the AI P-40's from explading on the runway. Hagggg!! I tried everything under the sun I could think of from the Runway INIs, only blowing up on the Midway Terrain. To messing with the Collisionpoints, No Joy!! Well I found Wrench's thred -Partial Fixes for DAT aircraft that Explode on the Runway: So I edited the Shocks and No more BoomBoom. Need to refine the edit some more, AC shake a little, but no more sink into the runway. When I get it refined I'll post the Edit . Thanks Wrench

It might help if you tell us WHICH patch level, and WHICH game you're using.

NONE of the presently available WW2 aircraft are designed/reccomended for use in 08 level 1stGens and DEFINATLY not for SF2 series. Far too many changes in SF2, and the aircraft need complete rebuilds of their data inis. To say nothing of the last patch for SF2 really screwed up a whole bunch of s**t.

BTW: Historical Fact -- P-40B/Cs were never sent to Midway ... E models only arrived after July 42 (B/Cs had already been removed from AAF service at this point)

BTWx2: the P-40B/C is by Wolf257, not the DAT

BTWx3: check your rolling radi for gears ... it's too small (did you double check the MaxSteeringAngle= for the tailwheel???)

OR check the Midway data ini, looking in particular for the callouts for HeightField in each tile; actually if you look carefully at the Midway data ini, you'll find these lines completely missing:

HeightMap=

HeightMapScale=

and there's no *tilename*_hm.bmp to go with them. As these tiles are all well within 5km of the sea, you'll need to create HM bmps for EACH and EVERY tile, and add the lines as above, with the *tilename*_hm.bmp added, and the HMS scale set as follows (example is for the Sea1 tile, all other will be similar:

HeightMap=Sea1_hm.BMP

HeightMapScale=2.000000

even without the HM bmp, I'd still add the HeightMapScale=2.000 to ALL the tile listings in the data ini. Bet that would have solved the problem ritht off the bat, without having the screw around with aircraft data ini (which really shouldn't be messed with, at least in the RECCOMENDED 06 patch level

I'll add fixing Midway to my "ToDo" list of terrains ....

wrench

kevin stein

Yup, it's definatly a TERRAIN issue....it's been fixed. Expect an update in the near future, as I want to look over target placements and a few other items...

In the meantime, How about some trees???

wrench

kevin stein

Hi and Thanks I'm Running WOE with 08 patch And Midway Terrin pointing to the Desert.cat. I changed the rolling radi to 0.750 and fixed the Tail gear, I'm looking forward to update. I like Trees. Just a note the First Eagles Object mod "Airfield MGAA for FE Expansion Pack 1AA" workes well to replace the missing Fla-MG.

Fla-MG (which is DAT WW1 Allied gunners), is also called "BrowningAAA" and is still available in my Hawaii map

It's been replaced by a 50 cal gunner/sandbag pit, as have a all of the Libery's in the IJN troop convoy (as the IJN NEVER used american ships!!). Swapped out for the stock CargoShip; removed any support ships from Nagumo's CV Force (don't forget -- the IJN NEVER learned how to UnRep, like the USN did)

Don't suppose you have an original WoE, that's NOT 08 level ...and patch to 06. That's ALSO part of the problem, you see.

You can use ANY terrain cat, just change the pointer line as below:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Midway

DataFile=Midway_data.INI

TargetFile=Midway_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Midway_types.INI

MovementFile=Midway_movement.INI

NationsFile=Midway_nations.INI

BriefingText=Midway_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Midway_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Latitude=30.0

Longitude=175.0

Also gets an new planningmap, new TODs (the trees), all new HM bmps, some edits to the types ini to add/change a few things (like CVs now have a 0 target value, as they're unvulnerable by nature) etc. Have some quicky target enhancements, and hopefully early next week for an update

wrench

kevin stein

Like to see the update. I been looking for a copy of a WWII Fomations.ini I was going to try at editing one ,but after extracting the in game one I don't have a clue .

could i get the link to the thread on exploding DAT aircraft. had to pull my Gazelles out as they liked to do loops at 3 ft AGL. hope it might be useful

Probably won't work on helos, though, but worth a try. Since I don't fly helo (I leave them AI)....

Ask Capun about it, over on the DAT forums. He bound to know something!! (or maybe Charles will, or Kreelin?)

wrench

kevin stein