Sign in to follow this  
72vwbus

WOE w/NATO 1, 2, 3 and 4

I've done a clean install of WOE with the OCT 2008 patch and also installed all four NATO add ons. After install the game ran fine with all the settings within the options menu at there 'Default' position. Once I cranked up the graphics settings to 'Unlimited' the game would load up to 80% and then would crash with an error related to graphicengine.dll or such. Turning the graphics back to default an the issue was resolved. Surely I can't be running out of memory with 512mb of video RAM and 4GB of system RAM. Anyone have any additional info/suggestions? See my signature for full PC specs.

ThanksDxDiag.txt

Did you get the unmoddified Stock game to run at all with unlimited settings? In my experience setting the graphics to unlimited would produce really low fps on that rig - gen 1 games are not programmed to use multiple cores at all.

Could be the dreaded ATI issue, rearing it's eel-like head again???

wrench

kevin stein

MigBuster, it's not a CPU issue anyway, SF1/2 run on almost anything out there, the limiting issues are GPU and above all, once you start cranking up graphic quality and adding enviro mods, memory, both graphic and system (it easily gobbles up to 2Gb of video memory and all available system memory).

I would also suggest deactivating Aero if it isn't done already, it greatly reduces available graphic RAM and power.

Did you get the unmoddified Stock game to run at all with unlimited settings? In my experience setting the graphics to unlimited would produce really low fps on that rig - gen 1 games are not programmed to use multiple cores at all.

Yes, I originally had both WOE/WOV installed merged with the Oct 2008 updates and it ran with all settings set to 'Unlimited' without any crashes.

I've now reverted back to WOE/WOV w/Oct 08 patches and she runs with settings at 'Unlimited' with no crashes.