Sign in to follow this  
ares77

Sound mod question

I have WOV patched to 08. Many add-ons etc. I added on one of the sound add-ons and like most of them except some of the prop sounds on some of the aircraft such as the AC123/130 AH1 etc. They sound sped up and I don't like them. Checking the Data.ini's on each the correct sounds are there in the files pointing to the correct sounds in the sounds folder but the AH1 sounds like the ME109's high pitched whine that I don't want for this aircraft nor the AC's Haven't even got around to the B29 mustang etc etc. yet. What is changed to alter the sound other than the enginesoundname=A1engine in the Data and the correct coresponding A1engine in the sounds folder. I don't remember what was changed so I don't know what file from my backup to replace.

A way to change how a wav file is played you mean? Not that I know of - How do the files in question play if you just run them in Media player or similar?

A way to change how a wav file is played you mean? Not that I know of - How do the files in question play if you just run them in Media player or similar?

Yes. They sound normal when played in media player. Just ingame it doesn't sound right.

Edited by ares77

All engine and cockpit sounds are frequency controlled. What that means (in a nutshell), is that engine sounds are frequency linked to engine RPM, and cockpit (wind-sound) sounds are frequency linked to airspeed. As a result of this, engine sounds for prop-jobs need to be recorded with the engine at or near idle speed in order to work properly. One can always use windows sound recorder (NA on Vista or Win 7), or a freeware app such as Audacity to adjust the frequency and apparent sound "speed" to one's preference.

I just went through all my sound files one by one and whatever sound it's using it's not located in the sound files. Just replaced the AH1 Data ini with my backed up one as well as the lods (didn't know if it would do anything just in case). Went to the sounds list ini in the flight folder and changed what difference I saw in prop loop section (it changed the numbuffers from 4 to 2 and min/max distances so I changed tehm back to what my previous soundlist had). Still no avail. Still sounds like a p51 or similar which is not in my sounds list.

I just went through all my sound files one by one and whatever sound it's using it's not located in the sound files. Just replaced the AH1 Data ini with my backed up one as well as the lods (didn't know if it would do anything just in case). Went to the sounds list ini in the flight folder and changed what difference I saw in prop loop section (it changed the numbuffers from 4 to 2 and min/max distances so I changed tehm back to what my previous soundlist had). Still no avail. Still sounds like a p51 or similar which is not in my sounds list.

That's because you're using the default prop loop sound. Change the wav name to something like "R3350.wav", place it into the sound folder, and then edit the engine sound callout in the aircraft's data.ini file to match the sound file's.

First off thanks for the helpand patience this is frustrating.

Ok I did that. Took a fresh A1 engine sound renamed it to R3550 in the sounds folder. Data ini is copy n pasted straight from data ini.

[sound]

EngineSoundName=R3350

AfterburnerSoundName=

DamagedEngineSound=

FlapsSoundName=Flaps

AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes

GearsSound=Gear

Same thing. Sounds nothing like it no matter what RPM the engine is at. Messed around with the sound list doing the same which caused no engine sound at all so I changed it back. Even played with the J79 sound and changed the data to use it. Sounded fine. No matter what prop sound I use it ignores it. Tried them all, renamed and tried again. Every other sound it uses fine though. Prop sounds it wants to ignore and pitch them up. So far it's like that on every prop job. Damn C-130's sound like buzzing flies rather than the deep sounding stock ones. The radial one sounds alright so If I can't figure it out I'm going to use it. Would just rather use the stock A1 sound if I can figure this out.

Edited by ares77

Engine sounds, afterburner sounds, flap sounds, air brake sounds, landing sounds, rwr sounds, etc, etc, etc....do not get added to the soundlist. They are simply dropped into the sounds folder, and then "added" to the pertinent aircraft data file.

I'll bet that you're....

A) placing the sound files in the wrong folder

B) attempting to use stereo soundfiles

or

C) both A & B. :yikes:

Nothing to be ashamed of, all three are common issues with newcomers to this series.