Sign in to follow this  
UnknownPilot

The next douchebag candidates state their case

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/radical-group-revolution-muslim-warns-south-park-writers/19449242?icid=main|netscape|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fradical-group-revolution-muslim-warns-south-park-writers%2F19449242

In an interview with The Globe and Mail, Younes Abdullah Mohammed, one of Revolution Muslim's founders, said the blog was not calling for Stone's and Parker's killings outright.

"If it happens to them, they deserve it," Mohammed told The Globe and Mail, explaining that sharia law would allow the killings. " 'South Park' plays a role in the hedonistic, vice-based society that keeps America ignorant."

Last year, Mohammed told CNN that there was nothing wrong with the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"I don't think it was wrong, I think it was justified," Mohammed said. "We're commanded to terrorize the disbelievers."

They should do like Danes with the cartoons and broadcast it everywhere. Unfair for nice, peace loving muslims offended, however.

Edited by macelena

I'd love for that "radical" group to pull a stunt in my neighborhood. There'd be lots of gunfire but we know how to hit what we shoot at.

Life ain't fair, Macelena. This "holier than you" attitude is (one of) the problem(s) with religions. I say when someone or something takes itself way too seriously and you feel forced to take it seriously as well, then the time has come to make fun of it big time!

Don't make me post the Danish Mohammad cartoons here!

Life ain't fair, Macelena. This "holier than you" attitude is (one of) the problem(s) with religions. I say when someone or something takes itself way too seriously and you feel forced to take it seriously as well, then the time has come to make fun of it big time!

Don't make me post the Danish Mohammad cartoons here!

Religion, in and of itself (as a concept) is not necessarily a problem. In fact, violent relgions aren't even a problem when you really get down to it.

The problem is the 2-faced nature of islam and it's supporters (meaning not the followers, just the ones that apologize for it). This idea that you have to "respect" islam, and yet at the same time the morons run around screaming like morons and blowing themselves up, all the while having people (outsiders, generally) saying that it is a "religion of peace" and that it's only "extremist nutjobs" that suggest terrorism is a good thing and that the religion itself doesn't actually.

Here we have an INsider, an actual follower explaining that it does. But nevermind all that... let's do a thought experiment (and I'm not ranting at you Carlos, just kinda on a roll lol) - we all know what an extremist fundamentalist muslim is like (your basic woman hating suicide bombing terrorist). Now picture an extremist fundamentalist Buddhist. ...or Taoist.

What actions would come about from such a group? Hardcore seclusion? Internal Martial Arts study? Mass contemplation?

Basically, by definition, one who is a fundamentalist deals with the fundamentals, the core. And an extremist just takes it, well, to the extreme. If anything, those types are the ideal "litmus test" of the true nature of any religion or belief system. And also what will generally end up shaking out when wide spread enough to allow it to be distilled by people being surrounded by it 24/7, their entire lives (which is also why they are the litmus test).

Edit - I didn't even get into the other problem with this particular religion, it's anti-Woman nature. That is a whole rant unto itself....

Edited by UnknownPilot

When I watched "201", I thought all the censor beeps were a joke by Matt and Trey, but they weren't. There's a note on southparkstudios.com that they are "not allowed" to stream their original version of the show, and that after they delivered it, and before it was aired, Comedy Central added all the beeps. In fact, the final speech that was cut out entirely was about fear and intimidation, nothing more specific than that.

People should not bow down to these assholes. In fact, it should be the opposite, the more threats and murder attempts they make, the more we should blatantly rip on muhammed. They will either make it necessary to take them all out (score one for the world then), or they will take themselves out in the attempt (see above), or they will learn to get over themselves (not likely).

islam-marchers.jpg

But it's the religion of peace though..... rolleyes.gif

633941480107750775-Hypocrisy.jpg

Truth, laid bare.

I'm with Carlos on this one. Portugal is one of the most religious countries of the western world, we spend millions just to receive the pope, we've spent other millions in the sanctuary of Fatima, yet at every carnival you can bet you find at least one or other figure to make fun of the pope or jesus. Do we portuguese consider that an offense to religion itself? Does the christian church itself speak against it? No! Yet most probably you'll find the same portuguese brandishing those figures at those times in church at sunday mass or at times in need, and no cleric will have thought less of them for it. But enough of ranting.

Btw, loved the irony of the islamic painting of your "Hypocrisy" picture, Unknownpilot. Depending on how ignorant one thinks that islamist to be, it's either incredibly ironic or doubly offensive...

A French caricature had made some scandal here in the same month of February 2006 when the Danish cartoons shaked the World. It displayed Mohammed crying and complaining: "It's hard to be worshipped by stupid sods!". There were many hot discussions up to the higher levels of State about freedom in artistic expression.