Sign in to follow this  
StupidDogbot

Anybody in the UK who bought the OFF BHaH DVD - did you have to pay import duty?

Title says it all really. I'm tempted to order the DVD, but the last time I bought software from the USA in physical format I got stung for import tax.

If anyone else in the UK has bought it, did you have to pay anything on top of the price quoted when you ordered?

Thanks.

You couldn't do anything wrong, if there was a tax of even 20% - the sim is sure worth that and more.

Never has any computer game or simulation given me SO MUCH MORE back than all invested money.

Although I had a strained budget at the time, I even saved money for getting me TrackIR to make

a wonderful experience complete.

If you are interested in WW1 air combat and all around that, you should definitely get it!

Pretty certain that when I bought it I didn't pay an extra taxes.

No taxes here... and it is a gem of a simulation... and I still get lost... and shot down oh and shot down and did I mention I get shot down??? :blink::lol:

No tax for me either. And it's worth it. And the expansion too. There are very few simulations with an atmosphere as good as OFF. Playing through a campaign is incredibly rewarding. Just look at the reports from the front sticky to get an idea about how people care about their pilots. You even feel sad at the death of a good/long time wingman.

You won't regret it.

I ate Oatmeal 3 times a day, for a whole month, in order to afford my first 512MB Card.

Luxury ! I once went without food for 12 months and drank my own urine to afford trackir and pedals on_the_quiet.gif

i-m_so_happy.gif Hehehe .... did I ? Ah the good ol' days ....

Catch: Luxury ! I once went without food for 12 months and drank my own urine to afford trackir and pedals

Huh! You know what I did? I did - ahm - - - No, I can't compete against that! :grin:

You think YOU had it bad!??

You think YOU had it bad!??

Call THAT bad ! When I was born, the doctor slapped my mother :blink: boom tishhhhh ....

It's amazing how the real truth comes out after a few wee drams and a sterling cuban cigar. I've solved the problems of the world many times, many times.

Well, I had to sell a kidney and take up a life of professional bank robbery in order to afford OFF and a 2nd had Sidewinder, but you don't find me complaining oh no.

Apropos the original question - no, no import tax.

IIRC mine was delivered labelled as a "gift" which means you dont get clobbered for tax for it.

(Could be wrong, like, cos I'm always being told I talk a load of s**te!

Howay The Lads :bye:)

So you think you've got it bad? I had to listen to the Missus and my daughter belly ache whilst I tied up the phone for a month downloading Phase 2 on a dialup connection!:threat:

Edited by Cameljockey

So you think you've got it bad? I had to listen to the Missus and my daughter belly ache whilst I tied up the phone for a month downloading Phase 2 on a dialup connection!:threat:

Cripes ! :blink: And here was I thinking I had it bad :blush: I declare you the winner ! :grandpa: