Sign in to follow this  
johnrey

Fraps

How do I use this when I'm actually flying?

any help would be great

Guest Raden

How do I use this when I'm actually flying?

any help would be great

I assume u have downloaded (the Free one?) the latest FRAPS, mine is the old one version 2.9, using which I still can both capturing video and taking Screen Shots in little kilobyte size as opposed to the default WOx Screen Shot that is way too BIG.

U cannot do screen shots, only video capturing using the NEW version 3. something FREE Fraps. To enable u do that, BUY from Fraps Website.

I did the above reply, LEST be misunderstood by whoever seems to be enjoying shouting at me, because I am one of limited (here) USERS of the Free old version Fraps. I shall later on purchase the FULL version, which is USD35.00. I do need the money for something else, like paying the Internet bill (no FREE!) of USD30.00 monthly for ur info.

Kindly do READ the somethinglike Read Me in the Fraps.

Start up Fraps - it must be running when you are playing the game.

Before starting the game customize the settings - ie the video capture key. Make sure none of the hotkeys in the settings are the same as keys used by the game.

When in game you press your capture key to start and end recording.

the video is saved where you specify.

One thing to keep in mind, once you purchase FRAPS, all follow on updates are free. I've been updating for about three years now.

Does last FRAPS version work with Windows XP? Every time I try to start it, my system dies (old blue screen). I've downloaded again and reinstalled it, but it happened again. I'm not sure it's a problem of FRAPS not being compatible with XP or somthing being wrong with my computer.

I used to run it on XP - cant remember what version but it went ok until the PC couldnt handle the newer games - but no BSs - Could be graphics card or drivers - well could be anything tbh but I would start there - unless there is a Fraps forum with answers.