PosX=0.01

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

RWR will show up permanently for all aircraft that way

It also works for aircraft which have no RWR display in the cockpit

Just requires the RWR section in avionics ini and DetectSystem section in the aircraft's data ini

To switch it off, cycle ALT+D game HUD modes

post-2042-12718718436119.jpg

Nice work! I know many have asked how to do this. With radar and RWR displays always visible, SF2 becomes a bit more like Jane's Fighters Anthology that typically had four popup windows across the bottom showing radar, rwr, targeting video camera, and performance envelope.

Or EF2000 V2.4, when you can have the JTIDS display in the same manner.. nice work Crusader :good:

Guest rscsjsuso5

good job crusader , i have easy questions for you - since this new feature is enabled thanks to you does it detect incoming missiles at your six say your aircraft is on that small circle in the center of the pictures you showed us and also does enemy aircraft i mean the small symbol move around saying if enemy aircraft is far or close. good job and i hope you can continue bring in more features for us . this features reminds me of red jets and jetfighter 5. also these new feature is great for any easy ini edit in teh download section.

Edited by rscsjsuso5

It doesn't change how the RWR works, just allows it to be displayed on the screen at all times.

Guest rscsjsuso5

one last question to crusader or anyone else , we have seen this feature being enabled for thirdwire games , can their be any other features that we can enable for thirdwire games that has already been enabled like for lockon or some other competitor flight simulation software. it would be nice to emulate like some other simulation programs out their but also retaining the thirdwire sim engine and environment. we have the rwr and radar and what else can we add.

thanks again and to crusader very good for this idea and to community enjoy your weekend.

Is it possible to get an HSI in another window?

AFAIK no, I've tried to get a moving map and something else, didnt work

added to KB, with new screenshot

Thank you, I tend to fly HUD only, and this will be most useful to me.

It works really well, but I've put my RWR at lower right, just above the enemy text panel, and resized to make it the correct aspect ratio. Plus it is solid.

My figures:

[Display006]

DisplayType=RWR

PosX=0.87

PosY=0.65

Width=0.12

Height=0.19

Alpha=1.0

InitTime=2.0

I will experiment more.

This has made my day.