Sign in to follow this  
xmonday

Is Satellite view actually implemented?

Errors in key-press functions in the manuals - both printed (original F-4) and on CD (F-4 AF) are frustrating

Is Satellite view actually implemented? If so, what is the keypress? It is not Alt - `

Is there a list of manual corrections somewhere online? (Frugals is no longer there). I have resolved several errors (for example in the HUD controls) by trial and error, but there are surely others, some that I have experienced but forgotten, others I may not have yet found yet.

Or does someone have a list they are willing to share, on- or off-line?

xmonday

Not sure - never used it - it listed as Alt and ' in game.

One way to try is change the key mapping in the setup and then try it - then you will know

It's the back-quote key (the same key as tilde).

Not sure - never used it - it listed as Alt and ' in game.

One way to try is change the key mapping in the setup and then try it - then you will know

Thanks Migbuster! Changed it to something else and it indeed works. Change it back and it doesn't. Curious. But another irritation squashed.

xmonday

to be exact it is the ` or ~ (tilde) . i.e. the one above tab, top left.

Although satellite view is very unrealistic I use it extensively when taxing or when on the ground to find parking spots (there's never a meter with any change left in it) or to verify runway numbers before getting smashed into by a cargo plane because I was on the wrong runway! good luck!

The tilde (~) is actually on my hash(#) key

This depends on your keyboard layout for your country - and whether said person has it set up properly in the Windows Control panel :good:

Edited by MigBuster

I have used it before, but never saw a real use for it. It is just another view for me. In order to get any real information from it, you have to zoom out so far that you loose all your detail and that make the whole thing sort of pointless so I never use it.