Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

The Bolt

This is what has deadlined my car for the past week. Hopefully will be driveable by Monday or Tuesday.

2010-04-24_10_29_13.jpg

2010-04-24_10_29_27.jpg

2010-04-24_10_29_42.jpg

2010-04-24_10_29_59.jpg

Guest rscsjsuso5

as the community and i care about each and everyone of us either english speaking or not but as a whole in a modding simming community, we support and care about safe driving for all and so drive safely and watchout , speaking of tires , looks like you need to get some new ones due to tire being so old and repairablity, shop around have fun and enjoy your weekend from one fellow to another . :drinks:

i forgot shop around and looks for discounts plus the whole package including balance of tire etc...

Edited by rscsjsuso5

That looks like a break caliper or related bolt for the area down around the rotor or bearings.

You might want to take a look at your struts and wheels.

Edited by ironroad

Thats the bolt that was holding our economy together - can we have it back :grin:

Would you beleive we used to patch holes like that when i worked as a tire mechanic at Big O tires?

Would wouldn't guarantee the longetivity of the repair, but it would last you long enough to get down the road quite a ways.

Would you beleive we used to patch holes like that when i worked as a tire mechanic at Big O tires?

Would wouldn't guarantee the longetivity of the repair, but it would last you long enough to get down the road quite a ways.

Actually, I am getting it patched. GM doesn't sell that wheel in that color anymore. So I either get a wheel that's the odd one out, go the super expensive route and buy 4 new wheels, or go the super cheap route and get it patched. I like the super cheap route. Plus, the place I'm taking it to had patched up a wheel for a friend of mine in the past who had the same exact thing happen to them and has not had a problem since. So I take it they do good work and went to them. Only cost me $80.00 as opposed to $837.00 for a new wheel that would not match with the other 3.

It's a bit hard to judge from just a picture, but it looks like it could take a rope plug pretty well. We would wait a bit, trim the inside and prep the area, then go with a heavy duty patch over the trimmed part to reinforce the plug.

Provided you weren't going to do something that would stress the tire intensely, the work would hold out nice!

i'm the silver bolt hehehe

no damn...that wasn't funny

It's a bit hard to judge from just a picture, but it looks like it could take a rope plug pretty well. We would wait a bit, trim the inside and prep the area, then go with a heavy duty patch over the trimmed part to reinforce the plug.

Provided you weren't going to do something that would stress the tire intensely, the work would hold out nice!

Oh, the tire is going to get replaced. That's the nice thing about run-flats... you can't plug 'em, you have to replace them.

My main concern is how well the weld work would hold up for the hole in the wheel. The guy I took it to was very confident with having it fixed. So who knows.

So, I don't think the bolt came from my car, but if it did, I would suspect it was from the mount for the starter motor. Everything else by the break calipers checks out fine.

Actually, that was funny. :grin:

Oh, the tire is going to get replaced. That's the nice thing about run-flats... you can't plug 'em, you have to replace them.

My main concern is how well the weld work would hold up for the hole in the wheel. The guy I took it to was very confident with having it fixed. So who knows.

So, I don't think the bolt came from my car, but if it did, I would suspect it was from the mount for the starter motor. Everything else by the break calipers checks out fine.

Actually, that was funny. :grin:

thanks man, cheered up my day! :clapping:

yes it was - cracked me up!

:good::lol:

Actually, I am getting it patched. GM doesn't sell that wheel in that color anymore. So I either get a wheel that's the odd one out, go the super expensive route and buy 4 new wheels, or go the super cheap route and get it patched. I like the super cheap route. Plus, the place I'm taking it to had patched up a wheel for a friend of mine in the past who had the same exact thing happen to them and has not had a problem since. So I take it they do good work and went to them. Only cost me $80.00 as opposed to $837.00 for a new wheel that would not match with the other 3.

Yeah never order direct from GM for parts (unless it is covered by warranty). Those cheap bastards just turn out more crap to replace the cheap crap they already knew was going to break.

I remember last year I had to get a steel wheel for my GM after a monster pothole bent the wheel and one of the support bars to the strut. Arguing in some hot ass junk yard and twisting an extra full spare out of a man because he over charged is no fun (got my wheel though.)

Yeah never order direct from GM for parts (unless it is covered by warranty). Those cheap bastards just turn out more crap to replace the cheap crap they already knew was going to break.

Ain't that the truth! I usually almost always replace stock parts that have worn out or broke with aftermarket stuff that last longer and provides better performance at a cheaper cost than stock. If I felt financially comfortable with it, I would have bought 4 aftermarket wheels that would look damn nice on that car. But I don't think I can aford to spend $3,600.00 on something that isn't really necessary to have at the moment.

looks like a z-rated tire, well, useta be z rated, but anyways, they arent cheap,,,