Sign in to follow this  
Orangehat44

Saitek AV8R-02 and SF2:V

I had bought the av8r-02 to tide me over as it works for both xbox and pc suppsidly and was modestly priced. Till it works fine on 360 which is fine but my xbox flight sims are just arcade action flight games. I have Il-2 1946 and now SF2:V that I was excited about but couldnt get the stick drivers from the saitek website to recognize the stick and the "software" would never get past like 10% down load and then say it couldnt save it or something. In the games I was only able to get SF2:V to recognize the axis but not the buttons. Does anyone know how to program controller buttons for SF2? Its kinda a pain to fly with the stick and not have triggers or anythign working.

Thanks

Same experience with another Saitek stick happened to me in LOMAC. Buttons don't work.

What you can do is to use the Saitek Button Mapping Software instead to assign key presses to each button.

But in my case, the Saitek Stick (cyborg evo) is automatically detected by SF2 games.

Edited by jomni

I hate to say it, but that stick won't really work on a PC. I started a thread about it a while back, but I can't find it right now. It is very disappointing that that stick is advertised to "work on a PC", cuz it just plain doesn't. Luckily I still have my AV8R 01 that works beautifully on my laptop. The -02 is in a box collecting dust...

You'll need another stick for PC flight sims...

well i guess its not a total loss cause it works on xbox360. and i have hawx and il-2 birds of prey. But as I have a best buy rewards credit of 10$ And the saitek x-52 hotas is on sale I might grab that. Is there any reason I should not do this? or I might grab just a stick. Is the x-52 okay?

It seems to me Saitek gets mixed reviews here (the preferred being CH Products), but I have an X52 myself and it has worked for me now for about three years, and I've been satisfied.

Edited by Caesar

I'm very happy with my X-52 Pro, which recently replaced the X-52 standard I used for over 4 years with no problems.

Been flying the WoX series with them since the beta, in Win98 through Win7, with the exception of Vista, as I never did

let that OS touch my gaming rig...

I am pretty happy with my AV8R-1(for now).......I have a feeling that Saitek is gonna put out a new hotas pretty soon that will replace the X-52/52pro.....I'm not talking about the touch sensative dual throttle peice of art that they recently released (to rich for me).......I am holding out for them to release the same stick as the X-52, but without the silly space-ship looking design no.gif

Edited by romflyer

Ok So got the SaiteK X-52. New problem the cd software says only run on windows xp64 i have vista-64 How did anyone get the stick to work for their game do you configure it with outside soft ware or with in game? also does anyone have recomendations. I havent playd a sim in years as Ive said and never had this many programmable buttons. So dont know where to even begin setting controls.

What do people mean by profiles. are thos premade set ups for game and hotas combined? if so does anyone have any recs so I can get a base line and tweak my likeings from there, starting from scratch is alittle overwhelming.